Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

March 17, 2014 (What a Week Peeps!)

Hello My favorite people!!!
     So this has been the craziest week ever!! I was really trying hard not to stress out about waiting for my results from the biopsy, but..... you all know me too well!!! I was literally a mess the first part of the week! I finally got a priesthood blessing on Wednesday morning because I was so darn nervous I wasn't really eating a ton... So the blessing was the first miracle and tender mercy (see Dad I am doing what you told me to do in your letter) that I received! The very first thing that was said in my blessing was "I command you to be well". Let's talk about powerful.... holy cow! Then it talked a ton about trusting in the Lord. Now, I know that I have faith in the Lord, but for some flipping reason I just couldn't relax.(So clearly not enough faith... haha See I am learning things from this!) I was able to eat more, but it was like I had to force the food down. On Friday both Sister Page and I just didn't know what else to do at this point so we decided to call the Senior Couple covering our area! They are the Hendrickson's and they are literally the BEST! They came over to our apartment and just talked with us for like an hour! Sister Hendrickson was able to give me comfort that only a mom can give!! (She even let me sit on her lap and she just hugged me!!! (: haha) I had no idea just how much I needed this sweet couple until they were there! It was seriously a miracle because they were supposed to go with some other sister's for a lesson, but their lesson fell through so they were able to be with us and help us for a little! Then when they found out I hadn't been eating a ton, Elder Henrickson (who reminds me a lot of Grandpa) told us that they were taking us out to eat and we weren't going to argue about it! We went to chipotle and for the first time in what feels like forever I was finally hungry and the food actually smelt good!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot even begin to tell you what a relief that was! hahaha They even took us to get frozen yogurt! It was exactly what I needed! they are also going to come with me on Wednesday! I told them that my parentals would be so grateful that they were able to help me out and to be my parents away from home! This all has been really hard for me to go through being away from home, but I have been able to grow and to really rely on my Heavenly Father! I was reading in Ether the other day because it is my favorite chapter! (: You guys should read the chapter! It's so great! (: But it says in verse 6, "And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." And boy isn't that the truth! It is so crazy that the scriptures can bring you so much peace and they can truly answer your prayers! Then of course I LOVED verse 27, but I have loved that scripture ever since Mom went through cancer! I have come to the conclusion that whatever the results are on Wednesday it is all going to be alright! I know that the Lord is watching over me and is mindful of me! It really is going to be okay no matter what! I have been able to feel so much peace and comfort knowing that this is in the Lord's hands! (: I am just so thankful to have this gospel in my life! I could not imagine my life without it!
     So other than my stress out moment I want all ya'll to know that I am doing great now! (: I really am! This week was a great week! We did not have Veronica's baptism because we found out that she has still been smoking a little and some things have come up with her work... It was really sad and hard to hear, but we were so grateful that she was honest with us and now we know how we can help her!! She really does want to be baptized, but she told us that she doesn't want to do it the wrong way! She wants to do it the right way! We know that she will get there and we cannot wait until that day! I just love her SO much! We have seen many tender mercies this week and I am so grateful for the Lord's hand in all of our lives! It was our District Conference on Saturday and on Sunday and it was amazing! Elder Gerard and his wife were there and President and Sister Jeppson were there as well! Both of the meetings were incredible! It just got me really excited for General Conference! I AM SO EXCITED! hahaha That is right everyone! Missionaries cannot wait for General Conference! That is what we look forward to! haha (: All of the missionaries here are just waiting for the day that President Jeppson is called as a General Authority! He seriously is so amazing! His talk on Sunday was incredible! He talked about the last 3 verses in 2 Nephi 31. (Which we use ALL the time as missionaries because it is so great!) But verse 19-21 say, "And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save. Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life. And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen." This really is the way! I love those three verses! I love this gospel so much! Missionary work is fun, hard, stressful, overwhelming, but so amazing! I am so grateful to be a missionary!
     I hope all of you are having a great week! I am doing great! So please don't worry about me! (: I am praying for you guys all the time! I miss you like crazy, but I know that I am doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing right now and I love it! I hope everything keeps going great for you! I LOVE YOU ALL TO THE MOON AND BACK! Remember, WE GOT THIS!!!!!!!! (:
 
Love, Sister Woodland
 
P.S. Can you believe I have been out for almost 3 months now!!! And this month is almost over too!!! Crazy.... haha LOVE YOUS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment