Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

April 28, 2014 (Hard work really does pay off!‏)

Well Hey.
     I already told Dad this, but I thought something was seriously wrong because I didn't get a letter from any of you wonderful people this week. THEN my anxiety got the best of me because all I could think about was that you guys were going to tell me something bad happened. SO really what I am trying to get at is that I am glad things are okay! (: I was a tad bit nervous... hahaha but in all reality that is normal for me. I get that right from Mom! BUT I am so glad that you have all had a pretty good week! I LOVE that you are all reading the Book of Mormon and that Mal and Dad just finished it! That is so cool! Goodness... I just love the Book of Mormon so much! I don't know how you can read it and not think that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true... Such a powerful testament of Jesus Christ! (: So real quick... Mal and Bryce are growing up too fast.... They are going to be so old when I get home... I am pretty sure time just needs to stop until I get back! (: haha Also, I keep getting emails from EVERYONE back home and EVERYONE is dating someone or engaged or their in love... Gross. hahaha I am just going to... ya know... just bring people unto Jesus Christ! (: But really though. I am glad that I am on a mission right now! I couldn't imagine doing anything else! I LOVE it more than I can even express in words! So on that note, I had a great week!! 
     We have been working really hard on trying to find new investigators and new people to teach. It has been hard because we haven't seen a ton of progress with our efforts.... BUT we did this week!!!  We decided to go contact at a park one day, which is really kinda of terrifying sometimes! haha Some people are really mean. All they have to say is No thank you and we will leave them alone, but that is just too easy I guess! I still love those people and hope that one day they will have the opportunity to accept the gospel again! We were about to head back home to eat some dinner and I saw this lady with her son sitting at this table in the park. I felt like we should go talk to her, so we did! haha If I remember right she is from like Pakistan or India... Something like that! When we started to talk to her she basically told us her whole life story. She has cancer right now and is fighting it. She is raising her son all by herself and he has special needs. She has to live with her sister because she doesn't have enough money to find a place of her own. She told us that her family doesn't help her out at all, but that they always ask her to do things for them. It literally broke my heart to listen to everything this sweet lady has been through and still how much she continues to go through! We told her that we KNOW that the Gospel of Jesus Christ can help her find that peace, joy, and happiness that she has been looking for! She seemed touched by the message that we were able to share and we made a return appointment with her for next Sunday! I am excited to teach her and to help her some closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ! Our hard worked paid off! Then, we got a referral from the spanish elders in our area! They told us that they knocked on this man's door and he told them that he has been losing his faith and has been looking for a church he can join!!! (Oh my goodness...He has found the right one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) We tried to stop by and see him Saturday night, but he wasn't home... :( No worries though because we are going to keep trying until he is home! (: Our hard work/ The Elders hard work has paid off! Lastly, one of the ladies we are teaching right now came to church yesterday!!! WOOHOO! (: Plus, she really enjoyed it and our amazing ward did a great job in fellowshipping her and making her feel welcomed! Our hard work paid off! I feel so blessed! I cannot even tell you guys how grateful I am for the Lord's help in all things! We definitely could not have done what we have been doing all of these weeks if we didn't have the Lord helping us every step of the way! It has taken a lot of faith and perseverance, but I know that as long as we are doing exactly what the Lord wants then in His time we will be able to help those we are meant to help! 
     On Sunday, we got to go represent the missionaries from our ward for the Mayor of West Windsor! He came to our church building and met with the Auxiliary Leaders, the Bishop, and Sister Holyoak and I. The second counselor in the Elders Quorum even gave the Mayor a Book of Mormon and testified of it!!! It was so cool! Full-time missionaires getting to watch member missionaries do missionary WORK. I was so excited haha I couldn't even stop smiling! (really I was just grateful I didn't have to give the Book of Mormon to him.... hahaha) Anyway, to answer your question mom on Sunday's we have to be at the church at 7:45 am to be at either PEC or Ward Counsel, whatever it is that week. Then we have church here from 9-12 am. Hopefully we will have an Investigator there or a less active and we will sit with them or some family in the ward! We don't normally sit together in sacrament meeting! Then we will go to Gospel Principles, but our ward doesn't have it so we go to Gospel Doctrine,and then to Relief Society! After that we normally just have a normal day after that! Just out and about teaching the gospel! (: I love Sunday's though! Probably one of my favorite days! 
     Well fam, that is all I can think of right now! I had a great week and I am so excited to see how this next week will go! (: I am so glad all of you are doing well!!! I LOVE YOU ALL TO THE MOON AND BACK!! Remember, WE GOT THIS!!! <3 I cannot wait to be able to skype you on Mother's Day! Also, how are we going to do it with Meggers?? I want her to be able to do it as well! I think i am going to ask President Jeppson what he suggests so we can make sure we can all be there for Mother's Day to talk to each other! I miss you people to pieces! I hope that you have a great week! Now, share the gospel! (: 

Love, Sister Woodland

No comments:

Post a Comment