Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

April 22, 2014 (Contacting, Contacting, Contacting!‏)

Hi family!!
     Okay so that was really sad... I am going miss that dumb dog! I figured though that he probably wouldn't make it too much longer and I felt like he would have passed away sometime on my mission! It is kinda crazy though how much I am going to miss him, but it is true, he is in a much better place having lots more fun!! (: I am glad that you had a good Easter though! I am also glad that Meg got to college safe and sound and that things went well with that! I have to be honest... I am grateful I am not going back to school yet! haha It is fun having a break from school stuff and just focusing on the gospel! I have decided I am going to be weird when I come home... I already don't know how to talk about anything else besides the gospel... hahaha Okay, I'm not THAT weird... I think... I am starting to realize why returned missionaries are weird... haha Don't worry though, it will be fine! (: 
     So this week was a pretty good week! It was full of service and contacting! We had SO many service opportunities! We got to help out Sis. Cronan, the sweet little 95 year old lady! She really does refuse to be put in a care center because she says that she can take care of herself... I love her, but she really can't. She doesn't have enough strength to wash her dishes! So we went over on Wednesday and tried our best to clean as much as we could! I will spare you and not go into much detail, but it was really dirty. We cleaned her bathroom and her kitchen and even her a little! Sister Holyoak put lotion on her poor feet (thank goodness Sister Holyoak is a great person... I don't think I could have done that part....) and I put dry shampoo in her hair and brushed her hair! She loved it and said that she felt pampered! It was a lot of work, but I was so grateful for the opportunity to help her out because she really needed it! We are going to go see her this afternoon! I am excited to see her again! She is so cute! We also got to help this other lady clean her home. This lady is a hoarder. She has inspections coming up and asked us if we could help her out. Of course we were glad to help her out, but it was a bit of a struggle... She didn't want to throw ANYTHING away. She even had a hard time when we were trying to recycle her plastic bags... And she had like hundreds and hundreds of them. We were able to get a portion of her kitchen done and we are going to be going back sometime this week to get another portion done! We are hoping that as we serve her she will have a desire to learn more about the gospel. She is a former investigator, but Sister Holyoak said that she doesn't keep any commitments so we are hoping that this service with help out a little bit! Other than that we have been contacting SO much! We only have 2 progressing investigators because we had to drop a lot of them not too long ago! We CONTACTED 151 PEOPLE last week! We were seriously talking to absolutely EVERYONE! It was so much fun! I am probably like the biggest creep... I like follow people so we can give them pass-a-long cards or a Book of Mormon. We will pull our car over if we see someone walking on the sidewalk!! People probably think we are crazy, but hey we aren't leaving anyone out! Giving everyone the chance to accept the gospel! We contacted this guy a couple of days ago and he tried to have a "bible bash" with us... It is never a good thing when someone wants to do that... I finally just had to say that we are not here to argue, but to share a message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and that we hoped he had a great day and a great Easter. Some people these days! But on that note I had a great Easter!!! We had dinner at a members home and it was delicious! We are seriously spoiled rotten here! The people are so sweet and the members are so great to us! I wore my new Easter dress as well! (: 
     I am glad that things are going well for all of you! I miss you people like crazy and I cannot even wait to see your faces on Mother's Day!! IT IS GOING TO BE SO SOON. Stoked on life. Alright, keep being the amazing people that you already are! I am praying for you multiple times a day... Let's be real like a lot of times a day! I pray a lot! (: Get out there and share the gospel! (: Have a great week! I LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON AND BACK!!! WE GOT THIS!!! Can you believe that I have be out for over 4 months now... NUTS. 

Love, Sister Woodland

P.S. Have you been on Mormon.org to see the cool Easter Video thingy that they put up??? If not you should go to it right now! It is really cool! (: LOVE YOUS!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment