Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

March 24, 2014 (It's All Good in the Hood!)

Hey there my favorite People!
     So to begin, I AM SO RELIEVED. haha I am so grateful that the results came back good and that all I need is a root canal! haha I think the doctor thought I was crazy... But who even cares?! I get to stay out on my mission! Second thing is I lost like 10 pounds because I was so darn nervous about my results... but no need to worry because I am pretty positive I have gained it ALL back! (: hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah I am doing fantastic and life here in Jersey is going great! (: Thanks for all of the prayers and support! I appreciate it SO much! 
     So I guess I will talk a little about my week now! Last Monday we had a Sister Activity and all of the sisters in the mission met in Morristown and we painted our toe nails and learned how to be healthy physically and spiritually! It was fun to just relax and to hear from President Jeppson and Sister Jeppson! We had Leadership Training on Thursday and Friday in Morristown as well! Leadership training was really cool! It is for all of the new missionaries, our trainers, sister training leaders, and zone leaders! We go over most of the lessons in Preach My Gospel and then we basically just role play aaaaaaaaallllllllllllll daaaaaaaayyyyyyyy llllllllloooooooooonnnnnnnggggg! It can be really intimidating role playing with someone who has been on their mission for awhile, but I learned SO much! It was so good for me and I am grateful to have the opportunity to be taught by so many incredible missionaries! We have seen some amazing miracles this week! I just want to share one of them with yous! We knocked on some doors after one of our Investigator's "Juked" (they weren't home...) us. On the second door we knocked this older man answered. We told him who we were and he quickly told us that he really didn't want anything to do with us because he is catholic. He started to shut the door when this lady started to come down the stairs. She asked her grandpa who was at the door and he told her that "it's some young girls asking me out on a date, but I am trying to tell them I can't go...." hahaha I tried not to laugh out loud. But this lady came out and started to talk to us. We found out that she is a member, but hasn't been to the church in years! She has two little kids and a fiance. She said that she has been looking to see if the church was anywhere close so she could go and take her family! We told her where it was and made an appointment with her for Saturday! We went over to her home again on Saturday and met her kids and her fiance! We are going to be teaching her Fiance now! He told us he has never had an interest in religion, but that he is willing to give it a shot! THAT IS ALL IT TAKES! Just the fact that he is willing to listen to the lessons and hear what we have to say is amazing! I was so excited! I know that the Holy Ghost is going to testify to him and help him know that this gospel is true! This just goes to show that there are people all over the world who are ready and prepared to receive the gospel of Jesus Christ!
     I love our Ward back home so much!!! hahaha They make me laugh! (: That email definitely made me chuckle! hahah So thanks for sending it! You better tell those missionaries to get to work! hahaha (; We actually cover a pretty big area! We cover Rutherford, East Rutherford, Passaic, part of Clifton, North Arlington, and Lyndhurst! We definitely have our work cut out for us! The work here is constantly going! We always have things to do or people to see! I don't think we could knock all the doors in the areas we cover in a transfer! There are too many people living too darn close to each other! Actually we try to stay away from knocking doors for the most part unless we do not have another option! We find better success receiving referrals from members or from other people that we are teaching! That was nice though that they ranked the yard! We do two hours of service every week for this older lady named Sister Mackinnon! She is basically stuck inside because she is older and has health problems so we go and visit her and help clean her home and do her laundry! She is kind of a stubborn old lady! haha She has some crazy ideas! hahah But we love her and we love going over to visit! She always gives us candy! I think that is SO great that you are going to give a Book of Mormon away! MOM'S A MISSIONARY! AWWW YEEEEA! (: hahahaha That is awesome! Good job Mom! 
     Well, I hope that things are going great for ya'lls back in Utah! I sure miss you people a ton! Thanks for the letters and love and support! YOUS THE BESTEST! Can you believe that I am almost done with training!? I am not sure if I will be getting transferred or not... It is up in the air and I won't know until Monday morning if I am getting transferred or not... So we shall see! I will email you next Monday and let you know! Keep being the amazing people that you are! I LOVE YOU ALL TO THE MOON AND BACK!! WE GOT THIS!!!!!! (: (: (:

Love, Your Favorite Missionary!

P.S. Congrats on being released Mom!! hahahahah Now you're gonna be put in as Relief Society Pres. hahahah LOVE YOUS!   

No comments:

Post a Comment