Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

March 10, 2014 (Ain't Nobody Got Time For Surgery!)

Heeeey There My Peeps!
     Yes, I made it through the surgery and I am doing well!! I am making a really fast recovery so that is awesome! haha I went to church yesterday... I HAD TO GET OUT OF MY APARTMENT OR I WAS GOING TO GO CRAZY! I am probably the biggest worry wart in the entire world so having to wait a week and a half to find out what my results are is KILLING me.... I am like an emotional wreck.. haha So I have been trying to stay really busy and to lose myself in the work here so I don't have time to think about things! The crazy thing is I know that things are going to be okay and that the Lord is watching over me, but I cannot seem to just relax about it all!! I think I get it from you Mom and Dad! I really appreciate all of the prayers and support though! So thanks everyone for being amazing! I appreciate it all soooooooooooooooooo much!!! I just really hope that everything goes well! I can't wait for it all to be over!
     Other than my surgery and my stressing about the results I am doing great!!! We had a good week and taught lots of people! President Jeppson has asked all of the missionaires to contact at least 10 people a day ( I probably already told yous this) but on Wednesday we contacted 18!!! It was soooo much fun! I am finally getting over being scared to talk to everyone we come in contact with! I actually really love to talk to them all! We get to hear some really crazy things and some really amazing stories from these amazing people! We decided to go contacting in Rutherford on Thursday and it was really rough! Rutherford is a little richer area and the people here are rude! No one wanted a card or anything to do with us. When we would bring up Jesus Christ it was almost like they would walk faster... Shoot! But we were doing everything that we were supposed to as missionaries! Hopefully one day those people will have another opportunity to accept the gospel! Cool thing is, is we know they will have an opportunity to accept the gospel in Heaven too! God gives us so many chances! It is amazing! I have talked a little about one of our investigators named Joe.... Joe is amazing!!! We taught him on Friday and he told us that he is going to get it okayed so he can come to church on Sundays! (He is on house arrest) He is married and has a 14 year old boy and a 17 year old boy! We have only met Joe so far, but we are so excited to meet the rest of the family! People talk a lot about how the Lord prepares people to recieve the Restored Gospel and it is so true! Joe is one of those people! We gave him a baptismal invite and he told us that if he finds out that everything we are teaching him is true his entire family will be baptized! I was speechless! He is so excited to learn more and he has some great questions! He has been through a ton and it really just amazes me! And then there is Veronica who is going to be baptized this upcoming Suday! Hopefully she doesn't get cold feet, but I have a lot of faith that things will work out and that she will be able to be baptized on the 16th! I am so excited for her! I can hardly even wait until Sunday! The last thing I wanted to talk about was one of our investigators that we dropped a little bit ago. She called us up and has been reading the scriptures and saying her prayers and wanted us to start teaching her again! So we have been teaching her for about a week now and it is seriously like night and day. She is keeping our commitments that we leave her and she finally came to church! She actually wants to learn and asks us so many questions and always tells everyone else to be quiet so she can learn! She's awesome and I am so grateful that she has the desire now!
     So things are going pretty great here! I will go in for my follow-up appointment next Wednesday at 1:15 pm. Hopefully all will go well! I am learning a ton about faith right now and I know that I have to have the faith that things really will work out. It is all in the Lord's hands and I need to trust Him. I am really trying! It is really hard sometimes, but I can see a difference when I let faith replace my fear. It is like President Uchtdorf's quote, "Please first doubts your doubts before you doubt your faith." Thanks again for everything! I appreciate all of the prayers and fasting and support more than yous will ever know!!! I can feel the power of all the prayers and support. It really is helping me so much! Remember, WE GOT THIS!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL TO THE MOON AND BACK! (: (: (: <3 <3 <3
Love, Sister Woodland
P.S. Mom I don't get to read everyone else's weekly emails so you should print some out and send them! (: That would be awesome! Our family is the best! I LOVE YOUS!!! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment