Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

March 3, 2014 (Surgery Time!)

Hello Family!
     Alright so first things first! I am having surgery on March 8th at 10:30 am! (So it'll be like 8:30 your time!) I am going to an Oral Surgeon and he will be doing a Biopsy (I think that's how you spell it...). The cyst is on my right side just above my molars so it isn't actually in my sinuses! It has just been pushing into my sinuses a little bit. The doctor thinks that it could be a possibility that I have this because of my fifth wisdom tooth... so who knows! As long as the insurance goes through then I will for sure be having the surgery on Saturday! If there are any complications with the insurance then I won't have the surgery until we can figure it out! So hopefully everything just works out so I can get this over and done with and I can get back to work!! Let's talk about a humbling feeling though finding out that your entire ward back home included you in their ward fast and prayer!! I am seriously just speechless... I feel so much gratitude and love for everyone! I can't even begin to thank all of you enough! Goodness... I feel so loved! Thank you! You people are the best! I know that everything is going to be great! I am just ready for all of this to be over with so I don't have to think about it anymore! Funny thought though... Remember when I told you Mom after my awful experience with my wisdom teeth that at least I didn't have to ever do this again.... SIKE! hahahahaha I guess I shouldn't have said that out loud because I am basically doing it again! I have to eat soft food for like three days and the right side of my mouth will be swollen! Just hopefully this time I won't throw up! But I think I am fine because the doctor knows and I will be given different anesthesia and nausia stuff!! I told Sister Page to call Sister Gilbert after I get out of surgery to let her know how it went so she can call you so hopefully someone will let you know! I feel really peaceful about everything though so please do not worry about me! I am in good hands here!! (:
     This week has been a little bit slower, but still a good week! I am absolutely terrified of contacting people, but I am getting better at it every single day! President Jeppson asked all of us missionaries to contact at least 10 people every single day and we have been doing our best! It has been really cool to see the people that God places in our path! Some people don't want anything to do with us, but at least we know we tried! I don't want to leave anyone out because I don't want to be responsible when I get to heaven and have someone come up to me and tell me that I walked right by them and didn't share the gospel with them! So even if they don't seem interested we still try to give them a pass-a-long card!! We had two investigators come to church on Sunday and one less active!! It was amazing! I was sooooo excited to see them there!! I almost yelled their names in sacrament meeting.... haha Our Investigator Veronica is still on date for March 16th and we are sooo excited for her!! She is amazing!
    So there is a talk in the November 2012 Ensign by Elder Neil L. Andersen titled, "Trial of Your Faith". I have really come to love this talk over these past couple of weeks and feel like I should share it! There is a quote in it given by Ezra Taft Benson that says, "Every person eventually is backed up to the wall of faith, and there... must make his stand." Elder Andersen goes on to say, "Don't be surprised whe it happens to you! By definition, trials will be trying. There may be anguish, confusion, sleepless nights, and pillows wet with tears. But our trials need not be spiritually fatal. They need not take us from our covenants or from the household of God." It says in Helaman 5:12, "Remember,... it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." The last thing Elder Andersen says is," With faith come trials of faith, bringing increased faith. The Lord's comforting assurance to the Prophet Joseph Smith is the very same promise He makes to you in your trial of faith: 'Hold on..., fear not...,for God shall be with you forever and ever.'"
     So remember to trust in God and have faith! It has been something that I definitely struggle with, but that I am learning so much on my mission! I love these people! They have truly changed my life! I love being a missionary! It is definitely hard and I struggle, but I love it! Thanks for all of your letters throughout the week! I loved every single one of them!! (: They all made my week so much better! You are the best family EVER! I hope you all have a great week! Don't worry about me because I am doing great and my surgery will be great and things will just be great!!!! hahahah (: I LOVE YOU ALL TO THE MOON AND BACK! WE GOT THIS!!! (: <3
Love, Sister Woodland
P.S. I will send picutures next week of my chubby face! hahaha (: LOVE YOUS!!! <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment