Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

May 4, 2015 (MIRACLES.‏)

Heeey.
     It has been a week full of miracles and a week full of surprises! You think I would start getting used to all of the surprises and the craziness of mission life... But I just can't seem to get that part figured out yet... haha It always works out in the end though so I have stopped worrying too much about the crazy things that do happen. 
     I'll start with the surprises of this week... There actually was really only one big surprise this week and it happened on Friday. We were at Mission Leader Council and President Taggart pulled Sister Quinlan and I aside and told us that we would be going on an emergency exchange with a companionship of sisters that we are over. We had already gone on exchange with them last week, but they aren't doing well together and they are struggling getting along. It has been a pretty big ordeal and so I have been on exchange with one of the sisters for 3 days now. We are going to be exchanging back today after emails, but we have to sit them down and make them "talk it out" with us there so we can get stories straight. I think that this exchange really has helped them both. Now hopefully it will go well when we all talk this through and they will be able to get back to missionary work and loving being companions! I have lots of faith that it will. (: I am so grateful for the companions that I have had. I have loved each one of them and I feel so blessed to have been put with each of them. But this emergency exchange was definitely a surprise and was definitely out of the blue. So I haven't been with Sister Quinlan for 3 days AND we have another exchange tomorrow. haha I don't have time to sleep or think things through! hahaha I was thinking though that this is a tender mercy. Being so busy and having to keep my mind focused on the sisters and so many other things has really helped me not think about going home! haha (;
     This week has been such a great week though! We are finding so many people to teach and seeing so many miracles happen. First things first... I got to hold a chicken this week. So, that was fun. (: I also got to FINALLY see water!!! So I took a bunch of photos... hahaha 





     So, I want to share with yous what happened on Sunday. It was kinda crazy because I haven't been able to really meet the ward because we have had conference after conference after conference... So this was my first Sunday in this ward since I have gotten to the area! Everyone was so confused though because Sister Quinlan wasn't with me and so many people thought that me and the sister I am on exchange with got doubled into the area... haha I got to finally meet the members and get to know them a little more though. Which was so good for me because I love working with members! Our investigators, Mike and Robyn, came to church yesterday and they LOVED it! Fast and Testimony Meeting was SO powerful and both Mike and Robyn were crying as people got up and bore their testimonies! They are seriously so prepared. I know that the spirit was testifying to them that this is the Lord's true church. Then, a man walked into sacrament meeting a little late and got up to bear his testimony and talked about how he has been inactive for years, but that he is ready to come back!!! AAAAHHH! (: I was so excited. He is 26 years old and has been in prison, but he is ready to put his life back together. I am so excited for him. I always think about how God and the Savior must feel as they watch someone like this guy come back into the Kingdom. I cannot even begin to comprehend the love that our Heavenly Father and our Savior have for each one of us. SO EXCITING!!! After church was over I felt like we needed to stop by and see a less active earlier than we had planned. As we were driving into the apartment complex there was a car that was pulling out. The guy in the driver seat waved at us and I instantly knew that it was one of our investigators named Raymond. We have been trying to get in contact with him since I have been here, but he was never home and he wasn't answering our phone calls. He backed his car up to ours and we rolled down the window. I basically yelled at him... hahaha I was so excited to FINALLY meet him and that we were able to FINALLY find him!!! He has still been reading from the Book of Mormon and he still wants to meet with us he has just been super busy. He is in his early 20's, but he is the sole provider for his family so he works 2 jobs and is very busy. Plus, he hadn't paid his phone bill so that is why we weren't able to get in contact with him over the phone. We were able to set up an appointment with him for this Tuesday and his little brother Dondre wants to learn as well!!! MIRACLES. It has been an amazing week. My motto for this week was Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." And that definitely happened this week. With the surprises that happened and the business of the week I knew that I had to just trust in the Lord. He would help me know how to help our area and the sisters. I am so grateful that we don't have to EVER go through this life alone. I am so grateful that Jesus Christ lives and loves each of us perfectly. (:
     So that was basically my week. It was crazy, but SO AMAZING. Miracles really do happen every single day. I am glad your week went well too! That is awesome that Ann got married! I CAN'T WAIT TO SKYPE YOUS NEXT SUNDAY!! I feel like that came sooo fast... haha I almost forgot about it... (; I will call you on Saturday to figure out the details. Thanks for everything you guys do for me every day! I miss you guys like crazy. 9 weeks... can you believe it? 

LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK!! WE GOT THIS! 
Love, Sister Woodland


No comments:

Post a Comment