Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

May 11, 2015 (I'M YO FATHER.‏)

Hey Yous.
     Well flip. It was sooooo good to see all of you yesterday on Skype!! Still super weird that that was the last time I will see you guys until we get to see each other in person at the airport!!! CRAZY. So I have basically told yous everything yesterday, but I will go over some of the miracles we saw this last week so everyone else can hear them too. (: 
     Exchanges were so great this week! Whenever we go on exchange so many miracles always happen... It is all because of these incredible sisters. They are the ones that bring the miracles to our area! For instance, with the sisters’ help we were able to find 6 NEW INVESTIGATORS THIS WEEK!! They found a family! So cool. I just love these sisters so much. I have learned a ton of things from them this transfer. 



     So funny story... I forgot to tell yous this over skype! I was on an exchange this week with Sister Tonga. (that is her in the pic) And we had decided to go contact in Trenton which is a sketchy area... And we all know I LOVE those kinds of areas... (: We found a lot of people there who were interested in learning about the gospel and when we were headed back to our car there was this black guy who told us Happy Mother's Day. Sister Tonga turned to him and said, without thinking, Happy Mother's Day to you too. Right after she said that this guy turned to face us and said, "Happy Mother's Day? I am a Father. Matter fact, I AM YO FATHER." hahahahahahahahahahahahaha We just kept walking, but I really wanted to turn around and say, ummm.... No sir no you're not. This girl is Togan, are you crazy?! But we didn't so don't worry. haha We just laughed and laughed and laughed about it the rest of the day! People are so fun. That is why I love the sketchier areas so much! You just never know what to expect! 
     But on Sunday after church we got to meet with this 26 year old who really wants to come back to church. His older sister came out with us and we were talking with him about the Atonement. As we were talking he told us that when he got up to bear his testimony in church last week he saw his sister sitting in the congregation smiling at him and it helped calm his nerves and he was able to realize that he is loved and he is exactly where he needs to be. Him and his sister started to cry and then he asked his sister if they could hug... OH MY HEART. Here we are, sitting in a tiny little motel room with this man who has made some really poor decisions in his life, he barely has anything right now, and we get the INCREDIBLE opportunity to be there and feel the love that our Savior has for him. I wish I could describe the feeling I felt in that small, humble, motel room that Sunday afternoon. Words just can't even begin to describe how grateful I am to have the opportunity to be a part of this man's process to come back into God's Kingdom! I got a little glimpse that day of just how excited and happy the Savior must feel and be when he sees us use His Atonement. Definitely something I will never forget. 
     I love being a missionary. I love serving my brothers and sisters every minute of every day. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be out here. I just want yous to know that I KNOW Jesus Christ lives. I KNOW that He loves each one of us perfectly. I KNOW that this is truly His Restored Gospel. The Savior really does stand at the head of this Church. I am so grateful for my Savior. (: 
     Thanks for absolutely everything you guys do for me. I know I say it all the time, but I really couldn't do it without yous. I hope that you have a great week!!!

LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK!! WE GOT THIS! 
Love, Sister Woodland


No comments:

Post a Comment