Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

May 18, 2015 (God's Love.)

Heeeeeeey.

     And just like that another week is over. Nothing crazy happened this week, which is always a good thing. (: haha We have been spending a lot of our time this week trying to help the people we are teaching to progress now. We realized yesterday that the way we will be able to really do that is by using the ward. Which is something we are kinda struggling with right now. But we are makin plans to love these people to death....(: haha So hopefully that will work. I have realized on my mission how important it is for members and missionaries to work together or things just don't function like they should. I have seen the moments on my mission where we have really worked hard on functioning together with the Ward or the Branch and so many miracles come from it. The times when we try to do it all by ourselves everything tends to fall apart... President Hinckley always talked a lot about how members and missionaries can work together. He said, “The process of bringing new people into the Church is not the responsibility alone of the missionaries. They succeed best when members become the source from which new investigator are found." So that is what we have felt like we need to do now. So I am super excited to see what we can do to work better with this ward so that they want to work with us as well. I'll let yous know how it goes next week! (:
     We got to have a lesson with a lady who is partially less active yesterday. She told us that she doesn't know that God loves her and asked us why it would matter to return to live with Him again when she doesn't even know that He loves her personally. I got to share a cool experience I had a couple of weeks ago on Fast Sunday. I didn't really know what to fast for because I couldn't really think of anything big that I needed to help with. As I was studying in the morning I felt like I should fast to know that I was a Child of God and that He knew me personally. I think it was the first time in my life that I have actually plead with God to know that I, Amy Woodland, actually mattered to Him. It was the coolest experience the rest of that Sunday. I never had a big neon flashing sign tell me that I am a Daughter of God, but the whole Sunday I had an overwhelming feeling of peace. I felt soooo much comfort that day and I just knew that God knew exactly who I was and that I really did matter to Him. I was able to testify to this lady that God really does know each of us personally. He might not show us that He does with a big sign, but if we really have the desire to know He will always help us feel His perfect love. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I am a Daughter of God and that He cares about me personally!!! (: 
     So other than that this week has been a good week. I seriously love the people here so much! I'll be honest, South Jersey is kinda weird, but I love it! haha I will be so angry if they move me next week... haha I don't feel like they will, but you never know! Crazy things seem to always happen over here. (; 
     Sorry that this email is so short. I don't have much to say this week, but I hope that yous have a great week! 

LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK!! WE GOT THIS! 
     




Love, Sister Woodland


No comments:

Post a Comment