Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

April 13, 2015 (Too many emotions for my heart to handle)

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey.
     So I honestly don't even know how to begin this email... So many crazy things happened this week and I am still trying to wrap my brain around it all. I can't even remember everything that happened because so many traumatizing things went down... haha 

  1. So the beginning of this week was pretty normal. We have been working with our investigators and all of them are doing really well. That is about all the news I have on them... haha Things are definitely progressing, but it is just going a little slow. Cody is trying to quit smoking right now, and he is doing a great job! Especially with having a person in the house who smokes INSIDE. They really have got to get rid of that man... Other than that everyone is doing good!
  2. On Thursday we did our weekly planning and transfer planning because it is the end of the transfer. Sister Pexton felt like she was probably going to leave and I was so convinced that I was going to stay because well... Why wouldn't I? I thought that I would have a normal last couple of months and that East Brunswick was for sure going to be my last area. I seriously was so convinced that the last time I would have to pack up all of my junk was when I was going home. ahahahahahaha JUST KIDDING. Heavenly Father probably thought that it was sooo funny that I was so sure that I was staying... And the crazy thing about this all is that "doubled out calls" come on Thursday's. So when Thursday was over we knew that we weren't going to be doubled out. THEN Saturday rolled around and we were out teaching and we had just contacted these two men and it was an incredible lesson! They had so many great questions. Right in the middle of the lesson our phone buzzed and I quickly looked at it and saw that it was the Assistants. So once we had finished the lesson and were back in our car we called the Assistants back. That was when they told us that we needed to prepare our area to be doubled out. I was so mad... haha Sister Pexton was asking him a bajillion questions trying to figuring out where we were both going and if we were going to stay sister training leaders or go back to being normal, but they wouldn't tell us! We asked them why they didn't call us on Thursday and they told us that they had just received the revelation that day... The Assistants kept apologizing to us... hahaha That stinking phone call was so hard for me because I have really started to love this area and I was so sure I would get to stay here for my last two transfers! I hate leaving areas.... I still have so many mixed emotions about it all... I was so not prepared for this!!! I have to keep telling myself that this is what needs to happen and that I am needed somewhere else. There is always a reason for everything... So it is going to be just fine! (: haha So I will let yous know next week where I am and who my new companion is! 
  3. The last crazy thing that happened this week was also on Saturday.... haha Saturday was such an emotional day! We have been working with this less active who has struggled with an alcohol addiction for most of her life. She had been doing so well and had been sober for about 8 weeks. We were going to teach one of our investigators in her home, but she stopped answering the phone and she wouldn't answer the door either. Sister Pexton and I were getting a little worried about her so we decided to text our investigator who is friends with her to see if he knew where she was. He told us that she was being attacked by Satan again.... so we went over earlier on Saturday morning and she actually answered the door this time!!! She was seriously a mess and there were beer cans everywhere. She was so drunk. It was super hard to see her like that. She was saying crazy things and doing crazy stuff so we decided to call our Bishop. While we were waiting for the Bishop to get there Sister Pexton distracted her and I dumped out all of her beer. I had to do it super carefully because she would have killed me if she knew that I was dumping out her alcohol... haha Our Bishop finally got there and helping me find any other alcoholic things that she was hiding. After we helped clean things up a little the Bishop told us we could go because there was nothing we could do to help her when she was so drunk. It seriously broke my heart into a million pieces. We stopped by yesterday to see how she was doing and to say goodbye. She had gone out and had gotten more beer... She was more sober yesterday so we could actually talk with her. She is going through a lot right now and she has to make the decision to stop drinking and get help. No one else can do it for her. She understood that, but said that she isn't ready yet... We just love this less active sooooo stinking much! So I hope that everything will go well with her and especially with this whole "doubled out" thing... It was a little stressful with everything happening all at once. Too much for my heart to handle! 







So that was basically what my week consisted of. I am sad to be leaving this area and to be leaving all of the incredible people I got the opportunity to work with! I know that wherever I go next is going to be amazing as well... I might have to keep telling myself that today and tomorrow! (; haha No... It is all going to be just fine! I know that there really is a reason that this is happening and I know that the sisters that will get doubled in here will be exactly what this area and these people need! I am glad that Meg's Graduation went so well! I loved seeing the pictures! You all are SO STINKING BEAUTIFUL/HANDSOME. I also loved seeing pics of Mal's last High School dance! Things seem like they are going really well back home! I always love hearing that! I hope that you guys have another great week! I will fill you in on all the crazy details of transfers next Monday! (:

LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK!!! WE GOT THIS! 
Love, Sister Woodland


No comments:

Post a Comment