Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

April 20, 2015 (JERSEY SHORE!‏)

Hey!
     So I guess we might as well get to the first thing yous are probably wondering about.... I AM NOW SERVING IN MANCHESTER, NJ! I am finally serving by the Jersey Shore!!! 16 months later... That took long enough...(; The area is definitely different than what I am used to, but I already love it soooo much! I really was a little bitter that they moved me so quick out of East Brunswick, but I have realized over these last couple of days that I really need to be in this area with my new companion. I have already been able to learn so much! It actually has been an answer to my prayers because I needed to be somewhere with someone who would help me stretch so that I can continue to grow. Especially in these last few months of my mission. I am so grateful for moments like these on my mission because they really help me understand more fully that God really does listen to our prayers and he really does know the desires of our hearts. And thank goodness for that! Sister Quinlan is my new companion and we are still Sister Training Leaders. She is from Springerville, Arizona. She is a year older than me and she is sooo awesome! She is an incredible missionary! I feel super blessed to be her companion because she has already taught me so stinkin much! Her and her last companion have done some incredible work here in this area! I am really excited to be here and continue to see miracles happen.



  

     The next thing I wanted to talk about is.... THEY PUT ME IN A BIKING AREA! What in the world were they thinking..........................? hahahahahaha JUST KIDDING. Can you imagine me in a biking area? I would die. We just ride bikes on Thursday's so we can save some car miles and talk to more people! I was actually super excited when I found out our area had bikes. I have always wanted to be that sister missionary riding around on a bike wearing a skirt. I had too much fun with it. 
     So this area is amazing. I am already in love with it! The week before I got here Sister Quinlan and her companion felt impressed to knock some doors on a particular street. They found these two AMAZING people named Mike and Robyn. I got to meet them on Wednesday and the lesson was incredible. The spirit was SO strong and you could tell that God had prepared these two people. We got to teach them about the Plan of Salvation and it went really well. They had a lot of questions and the lesson was able to answer so many things for them. In part of the lesson Robyn was talking to us about how one of her family members had passed away and that her sister was telling her about a dream that she had where she saw that family member all in white just waiting in some kind of a waiting area. Sister Quinlan, me, and our team up just looked at each other and the spirit filled the room. We were able to talk to her and Mike about the Spirit World and that before Judgment Day there is a waiting period where we will go. We talked about how everyone will have the opportunity to Follow Jesus Christ. Robyn and Mike were both very emotional in the entire lesson. I love being able to see those people whose hearts have been prepared and who are ready to receive the Restored Gospel. Mike and Robyn are definitely some of those people. And even if they don't accept it all right now, I know they felt the spirit testify to their hearts that what they have been taught so far is the truth... And that is what matters. We were able to find 3 new investigators this week and we are excited to continue to keep finding more and to help those we are currently teach, enter into God's Kingdom! 
     Jersey is fun. (: haha No matter where I go there are always crazy people, but I love it here so much! I feel so blessed to have been called to this mission and to have made the decision to serve a mission in the first place. 
     I hope that you guys have another great week! That is crazy that you got some snow in April... But I guess it is a good thing so you can get some water over there! Thanks for all of your love and support. It means the world to me! 

MY NEW ADDRESS IS: 83 Walnut Street #91 Toms River, New Jersey 08753 (mail me...(; )

LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK!!! WE GOT THIS! 
Love, Sister Woodland


No comments:

Post a Comment