Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

November 3, 2014 (HERE WE GO!)

FAMILY!
     I am glad that everyone had a great Halloween! That is a bummer that you didn't have too many people come around this year... I feel like it just gets slower and slower each year. Shoot! Halloween was good here! We had to be inside our apartment by 6 pm on October 
30th and 31st. It was fun to just hang out inside and watch some movies. We got to watch Ephraim's Rescue and 17 Miracles! THEY ARE SO GOOD. So it was definitely a different Halloween, but it was still a lot of fun! I am now companions with Sister Hindman. We were in the MTC together and we also served around each other our first 2 transfers in the mission! So it has been fun to be serving around each other again as companions! She is super awesome! I am still trying to figure this area out... I have only been here for 1 transfer and now I am leading the area... haha but I think things are coming together! Hopefully... haha there is so much work to do in this area! So I am so excited to really get to work and to work hard! This last week was a little slower just because of everything going on and having to be inside so early, but we have a lot to do this upcoming week! Isaiah was able to receive the Gift of The Holy Ghost yesterday! He is so great! I am so excited to start teaching his family! We were supposed to teach them on Saturday, but they had to cancel last minute! Part of me feels like the children will all be baptized before the parents. Who knows. I am just so grateful that they have the desire to learn and to come closer to Jesus Christ! We are also teaching a lady right now named Jackie! She is from Haiti and she is awesome! She had been taught by missionaries a while ago, but something happened and she backed out. She had a baptismal date set and everything. She told us that she is ready now though. At our first lesson with her she said that wants to be able to go inside the Temple! I was super excited. I told her, "THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT FOR YOU TOO!" We invited her to be baptized, but she was a little hesitant. So we are working right now on figuring out what is holding her back! She comes to church every Sunday though! He brother is actually our Ward Clerk! We also have been working with a mom and her two daughters, but we can't seem to get a hold of them and they don't return our calls. So we are going to just stop by sometime this week! They are such a great family and I hope that we will still be able to meet with them! We have a lot of work now to do with increasing our teaching pool! There are so many people here that are ready to hear about the restored gospel. We just gotta go out and find them! (: So I am excited to do some finding activities this week! It is always good to just knock on some doors sometimes! (: 
      I have been really focusing this last week and a half on strengthening my relationship with my Savior. I was reading in Alma 31:31-34 and in verse 31 it says, "O Lord, my heart is exceedingly sorrowful; wilt thou comfort my soul in Christ. O Lord, wilt thou grant unto me that I may have strength, that I may suffer with patience these afflictions which shall come upon me, because of the iniquity of this people." I loved that verse so much. I know that recently I have really been able to find comfort for my soul in Christ. And there really is no better place to find that comfort. It reminds me of the picture with the Savior standing at the door and there is no door knob on His side. We have to make the decision to let the Savior into our own lives. He is ALWAYS there, but we need to make that decisions to open up that door and let him in. I have really found a lot of comfort in that. There have been moments recently where I have been able to feel the Savior wrap His arms around me and carry me through the hard times. I am so thankful for Him. I have been able to realize now more than I ever have before that our Savior lives. I know that he loves me because I have been able to feel that love so powerfully. I know that no matter what happens in life, Jesus Christ is always right there beside us ready to help. We just have to let him. (: 
     Sorry for the short email! Thanks for all your love and support! I am so grateful for each of you! I hope that you have a great week! (: BEST. FAMILY. EVER. 

LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON AND BACK! WE GOT THIS!!
Love, Sister Woodland


No comments:

Post a Comment