Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

December 8, 2014 (Stayin for a 3rd!)

Hey Family!
     It sounds like you guys have had a pretty eventful week. That stinks that some of you got the Flu... :( I am glad everyone is getting better and that things are calming down there. Being sick is the worst! Mother. You really better be careful! haha No more hospital visits... (; But while we are talking about the flu.... I FINALLY got my flu shot this week. So that is good. Just trying to stay healthy over here. You guys should probably do the same! haha 
     So things here are going pretty great! I am staying in New City for a 3rd transfer with Sister Hindman. I am actually really excited about it! We have a lot to get done this transfer and a lot of people we are working with right now! Plus it would have been kinda crazy to get transferred just a little bit before Christmas! Sister Hindman and I have had a pretty busy week. We are preparing for a "Christmas Devotional thingy" on December 14th that all of the English missionaries are putting on. (The Spanish had theirs yesterday) So we are just making sure that we know our songs and all of that fun stuff... I am excited to see people from my other areas that will be coming to watch! It should be really cool. But other than the craziness of this month we have been working hard. (: Can you believe that? haha We taught our investigator Jackie on Friday evening and we have been trying to put her on Baptismal Date and when we were sitting down to teach her, before we were able to say anything to her, she said, "JANUARY 18th". She had chosen the date that she wants to be baptized!!! We were so excited! I jumped up and down a little bit...I am just so excited for her and this decision that she has made! It is so cool to see how much happier she has been since she has been learning about the Gospel. She is like a different person. And I know that she will continue to change as she draws closer to Jesus Christ. 
     On a different night we were trying a few former investigators and nobody was home and we just weren't seeing very much progress so we decided to go knock some doors. We knocked this one door and a boy about 18 years old answered the door. He quickly let us in and we were able to meet his mom and his grandmother. They are all from Haiti and have been in the United States for about 7 years now. They were sooo awesome and they loved talking about Jesus Christ and the gospel. We were able to teach them the first lesson and it was so powerful! The spirit was so strong. The 18 year old boy really wanted us to come back so we are going to go back and continue to teach them. Part of me feels like we were there for the boy, but I hope that his mom will continue to listen as well! So things are going really well over here. We are just continuing to find people who are ready for the gospel in their lives now. God is definitely placing us in their paths. 
     It is so crazy to think that I will hit my year mark and my 13 month mark all this transfer... Gross. Also, I got your package today! Sorry my email today is late... We met as a zone to say goodbye to one of the sisters who got her visa to go to Holland! So we had to do emails later today. But I got to get my package there! You guys are so stinkin great! I love it all so much! And holy cow. That nativity set is adorable! I am so excited! (: You guys seriously are just the best! Greatest Family EVER. So yes I am staying here in good ole' New York. So you can continue to send mail and things to this address! (: Well fam... That is about all of the things I can think of right now... I feel like my thoughts are scattered everywhere... Shoot! (you can probably tell by this random email...awkward... I hope it at least makes a little bit of sense...)  But I hope you all have a great week and that you guys keep getting better and healthier! (: Thanks again for everything! YA DA BEST. 

LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK! WE GOT THIS!!! 
Love, Sister Woodland

P.S. Chad sounds like he is struggling a little bit... Poor thing. I wrote him an email! He will be fine... Those first few weeks are always the hardest! He is going to be such an incredible missionary! 

No comments:

Post a Comment