Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

November 10, 2014 (SERVICE.)

Hi. (:
    So this week has been super great, but I feel like it has been a little bit of an off week! I guess you have to have some of those every now and then! We were planning on Thursday and we felt like we needed to drop most of the investigators that we had. They just aren't progressing and they have been investigators for quite some time. So we are going to be doing a whole lot of finding and increasing our teaching pool right now! We definitely have a lot of work cut out for us! But I am totally ready for it! (: I FINALLY feel like I am getting my energy back! It has been a weird few weeks! Ever since I got a cold I just haven't been able to get back to normal! I have just been so tired all of the time. So the mission doctor wanted me to go in somewhere to make sure things were okay. The doctor was really awesome and super thorough! I had an EKG done and it was normal and then they took some blood to be tested. He had me also go in and get a chest x-ray and a sinus x-ray. I kinda felt like a lab rat... haha We were at the doctors quite a bit this week! But the chest x-ray was normal and the blood work came back normal as well. The sinus x-ray showed that I had a lot of inflammation so he put me on some antibiotics for the next two weeks! I seriously am so over sinus infections! I seem to get them allllllll of the time! It is all good though! I feel like slowly but surely I am getting more and more energy! 
     We were able to do a ton of service this week! That was basically all we did on Wednesday! We went over to a members in the morning and helped her rake her leaves! She has a HUGE yard! Also, there are like a bajillion trees here so there were like 50 times a bajillion leaves! hahaha It was fun though! We then got to go over to a Less Actives home and help them clean. They are hoarders and have had a lot of financial troubles and so they have to move out of their home. So we are helping them throw things away and clean things up. I think there are a lot of hoarders on the east coast. Or at least I have helped a lot of them so far on my mission. I'll probably come home and become a hoarder...(; On Wednesday night we got to help a family move in! They moved here from Arizona and they are so great! I am excited that they are here. This ward really needs strong families! They are definitely going to be a blessing for this ward! I think the wife was a little bit in shock coming from the west coast to the east coast though! It reminded me of how in shock I was when I first got out here! But I have come to love the east coast SO much! It will always hold such a special place in my heart! Serving is probably one of my favorite things! I think that is one of the biggest reasons I love being a missionary so much! I just love being able to serve those around me 24/7! There really is no better feeling! (:
     So I was supposed to teach Young Women's yesterday, but it got changed and so I am teaching them next week. The lesson that I was asked to teach on is "Why is work an important gospel principle". I think I am really the one that needed to hear this lesson. IT IS SO GOOD. There is a talk by President Uchtdorf titled "Two Principles for Any Economy" and he talks about the principle of work. He says" How I admire men, women, and children who know how to work! How the Lord loves the laborer! He said, 'In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread,' and ' The laborer is worthy of his hire.' He also gave a promise: 'Thrust in your sickle with all your soul, and your sins are forgiven you.' Those who are unafraid to roll up their sleeves and lose themselves in the pursuit of worthwhile goals are a blessing to their families, communities, nations, and to the Church." The Lord expects us to work. He wants us to do our part so that He can do His! He then goes on to say, "When our wagon gets stuck in the mud, God is much more likely to assist the man who gets out to push than the man who merely raises his voice in prayer-- no matter how eloquent the oration. President Thomas S. Monson put it this way: 'It is not enough to want to make the effort and to say we'll make the effort,... It's in the doing, not just the thinking, that we accomplish our goals. If we constantly put our goals off, we will never see them fulfilled.'" I definitely know that I need to be better at this! I am so grateful I was able to prepare for this lesson! 
     Well Family! I just stinkin love you all SO much! I will be keeping Mom in my prayers especially on the 26th! I know that things will be just fine! (: I know that the Lord is watching over all of you! (: Thanks for everything yous do for me! I hope that you have a great week this week! 

LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK! WE GOT THIS!!  
Love, Sister Woodland


No comments:

Post a Comment