Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

January 4, 2014 (Happy New Year)

Hello Fam (:
     This has been an awesome week!! So much has happened though.... I feel like time is just flying by here! Is it flying by for you guys as well??? I am continually learning soooooooooooooo much every single day even every single minute here!!! I still have so much to learn! I cannot even believe that I fly out IN LESS THAN 48 HOURS!!!!!!! Is that not soooo crazy!! I seriously cannot even believe how fast the time is going! It just blows my mind! The next time I email or write letters home I will be in New Jersey!! It just doesn't even seem real!!! Even though I have so many mixed emotions about entering the mission field I am so excited! I actually get to start serving my brothers and sisters in New Jersey! I have been preparing for this for forever it feels like!!! I cannot wait to call you people and to be able to actually hear your voices on Monday!!! It is so soon and I cannot even wait for it!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! So cool story for this week is we taught our last Investigator on Thursday and her name is Hely (pronounced as Hailey) but she is from Guatemala and is seriously the sweetest lady! On our second visit with her she told us that she wanted to read the Book of Mormon for herself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We didn't even have to ask her to do it! She wants to find out for herself if it is true!!! I felt such a strong impression to ask her to be baptized during this second lesson and kept putting it off because asking people to be baptized so fast really terrifies me... BUT SHE SAID YES!!! She wants to learn more about our church, but that she feels so strongly that she wants to be baptized and she wants her husband, Jose, to be baptized as well!!!! It was such a powerful experience!! After I said the closing prayer she told each of us that she admired us and our spirits! She said that she has never met someone who was so caring and really wanted to help her! It was such an amazing experience and I know that this is why the Lord has kept me in the MTC a week longer than usual! I needed to have this experience! I love being able to feel the spirit so strongly that I can feel a silver of what our Father in Heavens feels about them! This whole missionary thing is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard, but I wouldn't take any of it back! I am grateful for each experience that I am having hearing because they continue to humble me and to help me learn and grow! I am grateful for the chance I got to prepare and be here at the MTC! I was reading my scriptures the other day (weird, right?!) but it is in 2 Nephi 26:33 and it says, " For none of these iniquities come of the Lord; for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile." I love this scripture so much!!!! We are all alike to God. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US! That just makes me so happy! I love this gospel so much and I am so grateful for the opportunity i have to share my love with my brothers and sisters in New Jersey!! 
     I LOVE YOU ALL TO THE MOON AND BACK!! Thanks for the tights mom!! I love them all and the are perfect!! Also thanks for the cute scarf! I wore it yesterday! (: And for the drugs!! I am still passing out the drugs! hahahaha I passed some out to out new district! The new missionaries that came in out wednesday!! I am finally not the newbie for just a little now.... hahaha but I seriously just love you all so much! I am so grateful for our incredible family and all you do for me and your love and support! It really means more than you'll ever know!!! My flight leaves at 10;00 am on Monday so I will call around 6 or 7 so just be ready!!!!! (: I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!! WE GOT THIS!!! <3

Love, Sister Woodland

No comments:

Post a Comment