Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

January 20, 2014 (1 Month Down)

Family!
     Can you believe that I have been out a whole month!!!! It feels like it has gone by sooo fast! Time really is so crazy on the Mission! We do get to email a little today, but not a ton! So this will have to be a shorter email! I AM DOING BETTER!!! YAY! (: hahahaha (what a relief, right?!) But serioulsy! Sister Page and I are getting a long great! I think I was having such a hard time because, well... I am a brat sometimes and everything was just so new! She is still crazy, but I love her! Also, the miracle that I wanted to share with you today is the fact that I have still been homesick and I was REALLY struggling at the beginning of last week. I kept praying and praying that I would feel better and know that I am where I am suppose to be right now! On either Thursday or Friday morning I was so over it! I was tired of feeling like I was feeling and wanted to be able to just get over it already! As I was doing my personal studies the thought came to me that I should get a blessing. I didn't want to ask to get another one because the week before I had gotten one because I was sick. I didn't want everyone to think I am, like g-ma would say, a "pansy". hahaha So being the stubborn person I am I just thought to myself that I would get over it. That as the days past by I would just have to eventually get over my homesickness! We started our companion study and our cell phone rang. I looked at it  and there was a message from Elder Murray who is my district leader. He asked us if we were doing okay. He said that he felt like something was wrong and just wanted to know if everything was alright. SERIOUSLY A MIRACLE! As I read the text to Sister Page I started to cry (surprise again) Sister Page had also been thinking that she needed a blessing as well!! It was so cool to see how the Lord really does answer prayers! He knew that we needed a blessing that day and I am so grateful that Elder Murray acted on that prompting! The Lord is truly helping me through everything I go through out here! I know that I couldn't be doing the things I am doing if it weren't for the Lord's help! I got to go to Ellis Island today to be trained on what we will be doing there! It was incredible to be so close to the Statute of Liberty! Awesome! I will send pictures and stuff next week! We have one baptism for Feb. 16th and hopefully two more! We had THREE investigators at church on Sunday and 1 less active! It was amazing! They are all so amazing! I love the people here! They are definitely crazy, but I love them! I love being a missionary! It so so hard, but I wouldn't change it for the world! We live in more of the city area and Jersey drives are SCARY! I drove for the first time last week and it was terrifying! haha We do have a pretty big area so we are not biking... It also might be because it is still pretty cold. Who knows... I am just grateful we have a car! haha Thanks for the letters! I appreciate them SOOOOOOOOOOOO much! It makes my day to look in our mail box and see mail! It really helps me to get through the day! Seriously I just have the best family ever! thanks for all your love and support! I know I say that like every email, but I really appreciate it! You could send packages to either address... I think our address is pretty safe, but if you feel better than you can just send them to the mission home! Sorry I don't have a ton of time to email! I have so much I want to tell you guys! AHHH! hahaha I will just have to tell you next week! I LOVE YOU ALL TO THE MOON AND BACK! I am praying for you every single day (like 29 times a day)! WE GOT THIS!

Love, Sister Woodland

P.S. One of the members of the branch came up to me yesterday at church and complimented me on my talk i gave and told me it was the best talk he has ever heard a missionary give!!! I was speechless... I didn't know what to say except thank you! He told me I was going to be a great leader of this church one day.... so that's terrifying... hahaha I told him that I sure hope not! hahahahaha shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment