Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

January 23, 2014 (Random Email Time!!)

Hello again Family!!
     So we only got an hour to email this last Monday and normally we are allowed two hours so we get to have another hour to email this week!! I was so excited to find that out! YAY! (: So much happens every single day... it really just blows my mind! Time goes by so fast and yet so slow sometimes! This week is already FLYING by though! I cannot believe it is Thursday already...But thank you for sending me Hayley Ackerman's email! It is always helpful knowing that I am not the only missionary out here who has hard times sometimes... hahaha Prayer really is the best though! She is so right when she says that prayer always does work, we just have to be willing to look for the answers to our prayers! I have learned very fast that we have to have faith that the Lord WILL answer our prayers! That He is mindful of us! I have seen God's hand in EVERYTHING that I am doing out here! It just makes me think about the scripture D&C 84:88 over and over agian! (That scripture has been on my mind a ton lately) But it says, "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." THIS IS SO ACCURATE! I constantly feel angels all around me, bearing me up! I know that the Lord truly does protect me wherever I am going! I have been able to witness that a couple of times so far! So it snowed... hahaha like A TON!!! When it is extremely bad weather we either get a text that our cars are "grounded" or to basically stay inside. I was sort of hoping that we would get the text telling us to just stay inside for the day.... but we got the other text... hahaha Shoot! The Lord knew I needed to be humbled real quick! We bundled up and spent our Tuesday playing in the snow! (Or contacting... either way) We seriously were walking in a blizzard! It was awesome! Rough, but awesome! We went from door to door knocking on each one to see if we could talk to ANYONE, anyone at all, about the gospel! For the first 3 hours no one wanted to talk to us.... These New Jersey people don't quite know yet what they are missing out on... So we went back to our home for 30 minutes to warm up. We then went out again! People kept telling us that they did believe in Jesus Christ, but they were from some other church. They would also tell us to go home! One lady told us that we were crazy to be out in that kind of weather! We told her that we have a great message to share and he has to be great or we wouldn't be wondering around in a blizzard! She didn't really care... hahaha Oh goodness I love these people! We FINALLY had a sweet man let us actually come inside! Him and his wife were catholic I believe and really didn't want to hear the message we wanted to share with them, but they were very sweet! They were seriously the first people to actually let us in and just because of the kindness I wanted to cry! It can get extremely hard door knocking when NO ONE wants to hear a thing you have to say! A lot of the people here don't even open their doors to talk to us... hahah they just keep them closed and talk to us through the glass... That is always a good time! We made the best out of the day though! The snow was seriously up to our knees! No joke! It was intense! As cold as that day was I was sooooo warm! It was awesome! Definitely another miracle! I was having a great time playing in the snow while we would walk to houses though! We were able to teach 3 lessons that day and got into 2 homes! SWEET! We got a new investigator that day as well! See, the Lord really is blessing us! Even if it is just one person! Sister Page always tells me, when I get discouraged because no one wants to listen to us, "At least we are trying, right? The Lord knows we are giving it our all. We are doing what we are called to be doing." And it is so true! Even though Tuesday may have been a little discouraging I was so happy because we were really giving it our all and talking to everyone we possibly could! People thought we were crazy though...(: Missionary work is incredibly hard, so you have to make it fun!
     I really love you all so very very much! Thanks for everything you do for me each and every day! I love your emails and letters! I do miss you all like crazy, but I love what I am doing! Even though it is hard! (: Keep updating me on your lives! I want to be in the loop! If I am not in the loop I will probably just cry... hahahahahah I'm just kidding I really can't cry here anymore. People think there is something wrong with me.... (; (I get that from you mother) Ooooooh, SHOUT OUT, to Dad real quick! Thanks for being such a worthy priesthood holder ALL the time! You are such an amazing example daddio! I look up to you and want to marry someone like you one day! (like in a lot of days, waaaaaaaaay down the road) But anyway, you just rock! God definitely put me in our family for a reason! To help you all keep on the straight and narrow path...(: hahaha I'm just kidding! So you all can help ME stay on the straight and narrow path! You all are such incredible examples to me! I seriously brag about each of you all day everyday! I have a saying here, but it probably is really not the best saying to say... So I just say it to other missionaries and I will just say it to you peeps! Are you ready for this............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ "It's all good in the hood until someone gets shot!!" But seriously though... the hood is my favorite part of Jersey! The people in these areas are sooooo humble! They truly need God! The richer people don't want anything to do with us or God! Rude. Well my eternal family, I probably should get off now.... MAAAAAN! I LOVE YA'LL TO THE MOON AND BACK! But fer real dough! (: (I have to talk a little black beause those are the people I teach!) I am learning from them! I LOVE THEM! (: Remember, WE GOT THIS! Thanks again for your amazingness! MUAH! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
 
Love, Sister Woodland
 
P.S. I got a sinus infection..... Fun, right?! But don't worry about me! I am making the most of it! (: hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment