Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

March 23, 2015 (It SNOWED on the first day of Spring...)

Heeeeeey.

     Alright... Another week gone. So crazy!! I am glad that everyone is doing pretty good! That is so sad that G-ma'a sister passed away. So grateful for the Plan of Salvation and knowing that she is in a WAY better place. (: That is nice of mom to go with Aunt Cindy and G-ma to the funeral! I am glad to hear that Grandma Woodland is adjusting well to her new place and that everything is going pretty good! Life is so stinking crazy sometimes! 
     So I am going to do the "list" thing again because it helps my brain stay somewhat organized so I can try to remember what in the world happened last week...(:

1.       We had two exchanges this week. I am so exhausted now because of them... hahaha The first one went pretty good! I got to stay in my area on Tuesday to Wednesday and it felt soooo good to sleep in my own bed! Sometimes I miss my bed... hahaha Then we went on another exchange on Friday to Saturday. It was a little bit rough. One of the sisters is really struggling with different things and her companion knows that they need to be doing things differently so we ended up calling President and she talked to him for a while. He gave her some great advice on how she can help her companion. With the craziness of everything that happened during this exchange it made me so grateful for priesthood leaders. President Taggart is a very inspired man and he was able to help the sister I was on exchange with really understand the situation and know what to do next. I was grateful to be on this exchange and I hope that this sweet sister knows how much we love her and how incredible of a missionary she and her companion are. Once they figure things out I know they are going to have a great last 3 weeks of this transfer together! 
2.       IT SNOWED. I just want all of you to know that it flipping snowed on the FIRST DAY OF SPRING. Oh my goodness. Sister Pexton and I were both so upset about it... hahaha It just doesn't want to get warm over here. Luckily the snow hasn't really stayed on the ground and it has been melting pretty quickly... I just reeaaaaalllly hope it doesn't snow anymore. I think we have gotten our fair share of it over here on the East Coast. 


3.       We had to go get the oil in our car changed this week and it just wasn't working out how we wanted it to... But we were able to FINALLY go in to get it done on Wednesday night. We were sitting in the waiting area and this couple kept looking at us. Finally the guy turned to us and asked us if we were nuns! hahaha I love being asked that! We were able to start talking to them and let them know that we are not nuns, but sister missionaries. They asked what church we were from and the moment we told them "Mormon" they asked us if we were polygamists... haha I told them that I am definitely not going to share my husband with other women. We got to help clear up some misconceptions that they had about the church. They were an awesome couple and THEY WERE ACTUALLY MARRIED. They doesn't happen very often over here... haha They said that they would love to learn more and so we are going to go over to their home next Sunday! It was cool to see that God really is in the details of this work and that when things don't work out the way WE want them too there is always a reason for it. I was so grateful God placed us in their path! 
4.       The last thing is that we stopped by our church on Saturday night and the Stake was having Youth Conference. I got to see a lot of people from the Princeton 2nd Ward! It was sooo good to see some of them! It just made me even more excited to see them all for Stake Conference soon! I feel so blessed to have served in the areas I have and with the companions I have been with! I feel like I have been so lucky on my mission! (:



Alright well that is all I can remember about this last week. I hope that yous have another great week! Thanks for everything you do for me! YOUS DA BEST. 

Love, Sister Woodland


No comments:

Post a Comment