Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

March 9, 2015 (I have a Murray companion! What in the world.)

Hey My Peeps.
     Okay so this last week has seriously been a complete blur... So let's just try to start from the beginning. I am now serving in East Brunswick New Jersey and I already love this area. I feel like the area is a little bit like Hightstown was, but it has some reaaalllly crazy people here so I will fit in. I AM IN THE SAME STAKE AS THE PRINCETON 2ND WARD SO IMMA GET TO SEE ALL OF MY HIGHTSTOWN PEOPLE FROM THERE. Oh my goodness sakes alive. I am so excited about it. Plus I am going on an exchange this weekend to Princeton so I am seriously calling Sister McCready to see what she is doing so I can maybe see her... I am like 30 minutes away from them...  I AM SO HAPPY TO BE HERE. (: My new companion is Sister Pexton and she is from MURRAY! What?! Yea... we are the only two missionaries in this whole mission that are from Murray, Utah. SO COOL. We both went to Murray High School together. She is just a grade younger than me. We did know each other before the mission, but we didn't hang out and stuff. We have ALWAYS wanted to be companions and now we finally are! We get along great! We have like the nicest apartment in the whole mission! It is two levels and it is seriously beautiful. hahaha I feel so spoiled. We also have A WASHER AND A DRYER IN THE APARTMENT. I have never been so grateful to not have to pay for laundry in my entire life. Now we'll never have bed bugs because I will always be washing everything! hahahaha HALLELUJAH!  
     I am still trying to figure out how to be a Sister Training Leader... haha It might be a slow process for me, but hopefully it will come one day... (; We had soooo many meetings this last week. I feel like that was basically ALL we did. I was able to meet all of our investigators though this week. We are working with about 5 investigators and we are also trying to find more to teach. We picked up an 18 year old boy last night though! His mom is a less active member. So it is a part member family. Those are my favorite! (: The mom and son have both had drug addictions and have gone through so much. The son is trying to find God and wants to learn about the church because he saw a change in his mom when she joined the church. We invited him to be baptized last night and he said that when he comes to know that these things are true for himself he will be!!! MIRACLES. So incredible. That is what the gospel is all about. It is there to help each one of us change and become the people that God knows we can become! He only wants the best for us. (: We are also teaching this super adorable family from China. It is hard to teach the mother though because she has a really hard time understanding. But thank goodness because the elders in our ward have a recent convert who is from HONG KONG!!! Can you believe that! That is where you served your mission Dad! I get to meet this recent convert tonight because she is coming out with us so she can translate for our investigators! Serving in this mission is so much fun because we get to teach people from all over the world! I honestly feel like I have visited the world on my mission... hahaha From like Mexico to The Dominican Republic to Haiti and now to China! I love it so much!! So that was basically what happened this week. It is always an adjustment to go to a new area, but I feel like I am adjusting fairly well! (: 
     I am glad that things are going well back home! Thanks for taking care of my housing situation! That takes a lot of stress off of my shoulders! Just let me know about the whole signing up for classes situation and when that is supposed to start. I honestly never thought that I would get to the point in my mission that I would ever have to start to even think about going home and what I was going to do when I get home. It all sorta stresses me out sometimes. haha It just blows my mind how fast this time is going. Good thing I don't have to have EVERYTHING figured out. (: That is too much for my little brain to handle. hahahahahahaha I love being a missionary and I am so grateful for everything that I have learned on my mission so far. This has definitely been a life changing experience. I'll be honest though. I can't wait to hug you people though! hahaha It is so weird... I sometimes dream that I am hugging all y'all at the airport....awkward...(; hahah One day it will happen! Well I hope that you guys have another great week! Send me some mail....




 
MY NEW ADDRESS IS: 298 Cozzens Court East Brunswick NJ, 08816

LOVES YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK!! WE GOT THIS!
Love, Sister Woodland


No comments:

Post a Comment