Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

March 31, 2015 (Happy Easter!)

Hey Hey Hey!
     So I am on exchange right now and I don't have my planner with me... Which makes it even harder for me to remember what we did last week... hahaha I am going to do my best trying to remember! We are working with a lot of less actives right now. They are seriously some of my favorite people in this area! There is this one less active we are working with who has struggled with alcohol her whole life. She had become a really bad alcoholic and just couldn't overcome her addiction. She had a crazy experience that basically has scared her straight! She heard voices telling her to follow them and not follow Jesus Christ. After that experience she knew that she had to stop drinking once and for all! It was cool to hear her share this experience with me. I remember thinking that her experience was terrifying, but how cool it is that when we turn to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ they will help us overcome our weaknesses and trials. I have definitely learned on my mission that satan is real, but that we have so much more power than him. We can choose to do good things and kick him out of our lives! This sweet woman is now 7 weeks sober! Isn't that the coolest thing in the whole wide world!? It just hurts my heart! The Atonement of Jesus Christ is REAL. It does work. The grace of Jesus Christ knows no bounds. I just cannot even describe what an amazing experience it has been to watch people change their lives and use the Atonement. I am soooo grateful for the eternal and unconditional love that the Savior has for each one of us! The grace of Jesus Christ is sufficient for every one of us and thank goodness for that! (: 
     We aren't sure if our investigator will make his baptism date for April 12th... We have been having a hard time getting him to open up and get more involved in the lessons and in the Gospel. So right now we are just trying to make sure he really gets an answer that the Book of Mormon is true. We know that once he receives that answer then his desire to come to church and to progress will increase! We are going to try and get him involved in the Young Men's tomorrow night. So hopefully he will come to Mutual and that he will like it and make some friends! (:
     That is about all that I have to tell yous this week. I am doing well! Still exhausted, but I am pulling through it all! (: haha I have to get going now so that I can go teach the Gospel with the sister I am on exchange with! Hopefully I will be able to understand some Spanish... hahahha It is always a little rough going on exchanges with Spanish sisters because I never know what in the world is going on! hahaha (: I really need the gift of tongues! (; 
     I am glad that everyone is doing well! I hope you guys have a great Spring Break and an amazing Easter! Thanks for everything yous do!!!

LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK!! WE GOT THIS! 
Love, Sister Woodland


No comments:

Post a Comment