Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

January 26, 2015

Hey family!
     So my heart burn has gotten much better this last week. That has been SUCH a relief! I still have it sometimes, but I have been trying reaallllyyy hard to eat better things and I just don't eat at all after 8 pm. It has seemed to help a ton. I sometimes still get really bad stomach pain, but it doesn't last very long and that is also going away slowly! So all is well. No need to worry about me over here! I am doing just fine. (:
     My new companion's name is Sister Robinson and she is so great! She has been out for almost 5 months now! It is so crazy though because she has almost been out for 5 months and that is how long I have left on my mission... haha I really like having a younger companion though. It helps keep me motivated and it helps keep me going. Young missionaries have such great faith and such drive to work so hard and to see miracles. So I think it is a really good thing that I am companions with a younger missionary at this stage in my mission! We have very similar personalities and so it has been a lot of fun! I am excited to serve with her! 
     JACKIE GOT BAPTIZED YESTERDAY!!! It really happened this Sunday. It was so awesome. Man I just stinking love being a part of these incredible people's conversion processes. When Jackie came up out of the water she had the biggest grin on her face. She put her hands in the air and said, "I did it!" haha it was the cutest thing ever! Then when she came out of the font we were in the bathroom waiting for her with her towel and she tells Sister Robinson and I that she wants her son and her daughter and her husband to follow her! She was crying and you could tell by just looking at her that she knew she had made the right decision. She was so happy. I love Jackie so much and I am so grateful I got to experience this with her. I feel so blessed on my mission to teach these people who are SO prepared. I feel like they teach me so much more than I teach them. I am one lucky missionary, that's for sure! (:



     This week has been a little bit crazy again. We found out that we do have an infestation of bed bugs... I have never seen so many before in my entire life. SO GROSS. I was flipping out... hahaha We had to call our landlord and they have to have someone come in and spray our entire apartment. But for some reason our landlord hasn't called us back to let us know when that is going to happen... weird. We really want to just get it over with as soon as possible so that we can kill the eggs before we have a whole other round of bed bugs... I guess bed bugs are one of the hardest bugs to get rid of. Just terrific... hahaha I DEPISE THESE BUGS. 
     Miracle of the week! Sister Hindman and I had contacted this guy at Dunkin Donuts one time and we wrote down the address to the church and the time church is at because he said he wanted to come. Then just a couple of days ago Sister Robinson and I ran into this guy again. We invited him to come to church on Sunday and he said he would. I told him that we were going to hold him to that promise. I honestly wasn't expecting to actually see him in church, but HE CAME! I seriously couldn't even believe it. I feel like that never happens! He seemed to enjoy church and told us that he would be coming next week! We are going to stop by his house this week and start teaching him hopefully! (: 
     So things are going good for me! Life as a missionary is crazy, but so completely worth it! I am so grateful for this gospel and for the example that our Savior has set for each of us! Thanks for everything you do for me fam! Best family ever. (: I hope that you all have a great week this week! 

LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK! WE GOT THIS!! 
Love, Sister Woodland


No comments:

Post a Comment