Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

January 19, 2015 (Another Transfer Done!)

Hi Family!
     Glad to hear that things are still going well for everyone! I am glad you guys are having spring weather over there... We had some intense weather over here in New York! We woke up Sunday morning and went outside to head to Ward Council when we realized that everything had a layer of ice on it. The roads were seriously like an ice skating rink! We went about 3 miles per hour all the way to the church with the hazard lights on. (everyone else was doing the same thing) As we were driving to the church we saw like 10 car accidents. People had slid off the road into trees; people had run into each other, it was SO crazy! Luckily we made it to the church safe and sound. There were about 8 other people there and our Bishop said that we needed to cancel church because he didn't want to chance all of our members driving from all different parts of the area to get to church and possibly getting into an accident. It was better if people were safe! So we had a mini little sacrament meeting with the few people who were at the church and then we all just hang out at the church for a while until the roads got better. It was a weird Sunday, that's for sure. It threw our whole day off! Jackie was supposed to get baptized that day, but she couldn't because of church being cancelled due to the crazy weather... And I seriously mean crazy.... I have never seen anything like it! It was like an ice storm... But Jackie will be baptized next Sunday! And we looked at the weather and it is supposed to be a pretty nice day that day! So hopefully nothing else goes wrong! haha So other than stressing out about the craziness of missionary life and trying not to die of heart burn I am doing pretty good! hahaha I am hangin in there! Even if I feel like I can sometimes breathe fire... (; 
     So it is transfer time again! That went quick! I am staying in New York for another transfer! Sister Hindman is getting transferred. It was so weird to get that text message last night especially since we could have sworn that if any of us were getting transferred it would have been me... She has only been in this area for 2 transfers... I really loved having her as a companion! She is an awesome missionary and I am definitely going to miss her! I am grateful we got to spend the holidays together though! So once again I get to introduce another sister missionary to good ole' New York State! (: haha It is always fun to see the expression on the sisters faces when they realize that they won't be serving in Jersey! So I am onto my 4th transfer here in this area! I will officially be here for 6 months! I am actually SO relieved that I am staying in this area! I love it soooooo much! I was really hoping that I would get to stay. Heavenly Father definitely does answer prayers! (: 
     I stinkin love the people here and I love this crazy little ward! Our Bishop and his wife came and got us yesterday and we went over to their home for a little bit and it was good to visit with them and to know how we can help our Bishop and the ward out more! They really are way too good to us! Don't forget to love the missionaries back at home! They need to feel loved every now and then! It helps to keep us going! (: Our Bishop here has two HUGE great danes. I am grateful to be here with these amazing people for another transfer!





     Well sorry for the short email this week. I ran out of time. But I love you guys so much and I am so grateful for everything you do for me every day! I hope that you guys have another great week and I will fill you in on everything next Monday! 

LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK! WE GOT THIS!!
Love, Sister Woodland


No comments:

Post a Comment