Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

January 12, 2015 (I found a dead man...)

FAMILY.
     Another week down. It went by so quick! Glad to hear that everyone is adjusting... Or at least trying to adjust back to the routine! Tell G-ma Chris that I say Happy Birthday please! (: I will try to get her a letter sent this week. Also, I will keep Ray Nelson in my prayers and the whole Nelson family! Sounds like Dad is staying super busy. That is good for him. (; haha 
     This week was a great week. It was a little crazy, but I tend to like the crazy weeks the most. We got to help out our Bishop's wife this week by helping some members in our Ward clean their house. They are hoarders. I think Heavenly Father has been trying to tell me something on my mission because I feel like I have helped SO many hoarders since I have been out. All I know is that I will NEVER hoard things. Nope. Not ever. Anyway, it was pretty bad. We had to wear masks and gloves and like body suits... They sent off these bug bombs to kill any bugs that were living in the rooms we were cleaning. Hopefully it worked and hopefully we didn't bring home any other bugs... haha So we started to clean one of the rooms. It was so overwhelming. There was stuff piled above my waist. We had to just climb on top of everything and start throwing stuff in garbage bags. We filled sooooooooooo many garbage bags! It was so cool when were finally able to see the floor. We were working in a room that they really hadn't gone into for years. There were some REALLY old stuff. We got the room clean and we were finally able to open the closest and there was a box that our Bishop's wife asked me to open to see what was in it and if they would need it anymore. I opened it up and there was the member's brother's ashes.... The members daughter who is less active was watching us work and she screams downstairs, "Mom the missionaries found your brother!" hahahahahahahaha I was scarred.... They had no idea where he had been for years. So... yep... I found someone's dead brother. That will definitely be an experience I will never forget! haha The next day we were working on the other room and as we were standing on this bed putting stuff into garbage bags the member came up to see how things were going and just as casually as she possibly could she says, "That is the bed that my father died in." I was just like, yep, I am done, I am totally over this. Let's go home now please! hahahaha So that whole experience was a lot of fun! 
     We woke up on Saturday morning and it was freezing cold! Our thermostat said that it was 57 degrees in our apartment. We called our land lord and he didn't answer... He finally got back to us later that day and told us that the boiler had gone out, but that it was now fixed. Because our apartment is heated by floor board radiators it took a little longer to get the apartment heated again, but we are good and warm now! Good thing I got so many hand warmers and toe warmers for Christmas though! (: 
     We also locked our keys inside our apartment by accident this week. Usually I can get through the front window, but we had locked those ones as well.... So we had to get ahold of our land lord again... He probably hates us... haha But they don't even have a spare key to our apartment and so his nephew had to get a ladder and break into our apartment through our bedroom window so we could get our keys... hahaha It was very eventful. The guy did say though that having to break into our apartment made his day! (: That was a relief! haha 
     On a more less crazy note things are going good with our investigators! Jackie is still progressing and doing really well! She is getting really excited for her baptism date this upcoming Sunday! I can't believe that it is already here! I am so excited for her! It has been fun teaching her and helping her learn and grow closer to the Savior! She will have her baptismal interview this Friday. We also saw this huge miracle with a lady we are teaching. We have been trying to get her to progress, but for some reason she just won't commit to a baptismal date. We taught her about the Plan of Salvation and she loved it. She got really choked up when we were talking about repentance and how the Savior loves us each SO much that He died for us and made the Plan of Salvation possible. She had talked with us about things she is struggling to overcome and didn't know if God could still love her or if she could overcome those bad habits. As we talked more with her I felt prompted to watch the Mormon message about that guy who had a problem with drugs and had ended up in the prison system for 9 years. He was able to feel God's love for him and through the Atonement of Christ he was able to overcome his mistakes. The spirit was so strong and she opened up with us. She wants to have a better life for her and her family. We promised that if she truly trusted the Savior that He wouldn't let her down and that He would help her have that better life. It was such a cool lesson. It was a reminder to me that God really does love every single one of us. Our Savior also loves us SO much. He loves us so much that He performed the Atonement and went through all of the suffering and pain so that we can have the chance to become clean and return to our Heavenly Father's presence again one day. I am so grateful for that unconditional love that makes all things possible. I love being able to help other people realize that the Savior loves them unconditionally and that He has provided a way for them to become better and to return to His presence! This Gospel really is amazing. (:
     Thanks for everything you do fam! I hope that you guys have another great week! 




LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK! WE GOT THIS!!
Love, Sister Woodland


No comments:

Post a Comment