Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

December 15, 2014

Hey Fam!
     Well December is definitely a crazy month for sure! We have lots going on and this upcoming week is probably going to be the busiest one! Things are going pretty good here! It is always the worst because I can never remember what we did last week so when I come to email I can never think of anything... my mind just goes blank. Rough. haha It is a good thing that we have to carry planners everywhere we go! (: Things with our investigators are slowly but surely moving along. We have been so blessed to find so many people to teach that we now need to slow it down a little and really focus in on the investigators that we do have so we can help them to progress. We have more investigators right now than I have had my entire mission! This area is seriously incredible. The only problem is that we are struggling to get them to keep commitments. It can get a little hard when there is a language barrier though... So we really appreciate all of the Haitian team ups that we can possibly get. That is awesome Dad that you are working with the missionaries to get the ward more involved in helping to teach and go out with the missionaries. I know that the members are a HUGE help to us. They seem to be able to relate to the people so much better than we can! And then when an investigator does come to church or a less active they already have a friend that they can sit with! We can't do this work without each other! (: 
     Our Bishop here has asked us to knock doors in a specific area here so we have been doing that. It has been a really cool experience for Sister Hindman and I because we have been able to find a few new investigators there. We were able to find 2 there and then the elders that we work with in our ward gave us a referral and we were able to pick up another lady who is interested in learning more about the church. All but one of our investigators is Haitian. So it has been fun to get to know the Haitian culture! Jackie is still doing great! We are a little bit stressed with making sure that we can get all of her lessons in before her baptism date. We can't meet with her this week because we have a crazy schedule and also because she is working ALL the time. She is covering shifts for a co-worker and then the following week she is going to Florida. So when she gets back we are going to have to meet with her quite a bit so that she is ready for her baptism! She is so awesome though. You can see how much she really wants this and I hope she continues to follow the promptings and whisperings she receives from the Holy Ghost. You just can't go wrong if you listen to the Holy Ghost. (: 
     Isaiah got to pass the sacrament for the first time yesterday! It was so awesome. He was soooooo nervous though! haha He did a great job for his first time! It is so much fun to be able to be here to see him continue to progress in the gospel! He is such a great kid. In our last lesson with him he kept asking a bunch of question about serving a mission! He couldn't believe that we aren't allowed to watch TV. haha It was super funny. He kept saying, "Well then what do you do when you are bored?" hahaha Well... We just continue sharing the gospel! I don't think he could really believe it! I hope when he is older that he chooses to go on a mission! That would be so cool and so good for him. 
     We had our Christmas Program thingy yesterday in Morristown with all of the English missionaries. I think it turned out pretty good! The office staff put so much work into it. It was really cool. I got to see some people from my other areas! It was awesome! Sister Page came back to visit and came to the program! So I got to see her! It was so crazy because she isn't a full-time missionary anymore... haha But Sister Valdez was there and some other members from Hightstown! It was SO good to see them all! I seriously have been so blessed to love every single area that I have served in! The Valdez family is moving to Utah in 2 weeks! Crazy, huh? That is super exciting for them! Last night was a lot of fun! We have another busy week this week. We get to go to the Temple tomorrow! YAY! (: It has been soooooooo long! So that will take most of the day so we don't get much of a p-day today. Then on Wednesday we are going to be helping our Bishop's wife wrap present for our Ward's Christmas Party. They go all out! I'll tell you all about it next week! On Friday it is our Christmas All Mission Conference and then on Saturday we are going to Ellis Island and then the Ward Christmas Party is that night. So we have lots going on this week! It will be a fun week! (: 
     For Christmas we are going to go over to the Baldwin's for Christmas dinner and they said that we can skype at their house. So... We will be skyping on Christmas day! (: (: (: I am not sure yet what time... That probably will depend on when they are having dinner and all of that good stuff. I will call yous on Christmas Eve to figure out all of the details though! 
     I am glad you finally were able to get the Christmas card figured out! (; haha That is ALWAYS a struggle for our family! It sounds like things are going well back home! That is always a good thing for a missionary to hear! (: haha I officially hit my year mark this Thursday! So crazy!!! It will be fun to celebrate it with Sister Hindman though! We are going to have to do something crazy that day... (; haha There is not much you can do that is crazy as a missionary... haha Also, Mom... I have only received the package that said open immediately... So I have no idea about the other package... Did you send it to the mission home?? I did get my CTR ring! THANKS MEGGERS. I love it soooo much! (: I will call the office today and see if they have a package for me and if they don't I will have them call you! Thanks again for everything you do for me! I seriously couldn't do it without yous! I hope you have a great week! (:

LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK! WE GOT THIS!! 
Love, Sister Woodland


No comments:

Post a Comment