Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

February 2, 2015 (WE ARE BED BUG FREE.)

FAMILY.
     Well it sounds like things are going great back home! Holy smokes. That is so awesome that Megan has a job after she graduates and that all of that stuff is working out for her benefit!! Congrats to Mallo on getting excepted into BYU-Idaho! I knew she would...(: And then little Bryce man is attracting all the ladies with his incredible basketball skills... What a stud. It is a good thing he has had 3 older sisters to help him out! (; Man. I love getting emails where so many good things are going on! I am so happy for all of you! You all better have a party! 
     This week has been one of the most crazy/stressful/overwhelming weeks I have had in a really long time! I had no idea that it would take soooooooooo much work to get rid of bed bugs. I really hate them. We ended up having to get an exterminator and he came on Saturday. But we had to wash EVERYTHING in our apartment. And I mean absolutely everything. It took soooooo long. Luckily the land lord let us do our laundry for free because we would have been broke if we would have had to pay for it. I cannot even tell you how many loads of laundry we had to do. Then after we washed everything we had to put it into garbage bags and double bag it. We weren't allowed to take our laundry back into our apartment until the guy had finished exterminating the place. It didn't really click to us that when you put things into garbage bags right after they come out of the dryer they get extremely wrinkled... And then we realized that not only were they really wrinkled, but everything was SO staticy! We were getting shocked up the wazoo hahaha So that was basically what we did allllllllllllllllllllllllllllll weekend long. I never want to see a bed bug ever again. hahaha So the next time by companion asks me, "Sister Woodland, Is this a bed bug?" I am just going to say no without going over and actually looking at it. If you just don't face the problem it won't actually exist, right? hahaha (; So yep. I feel like that was basically what this last week consisted of. Lots of bed bug killing. But our apartment is FINALLY back in order and it feels sooooooooooooo good! I laughed and laughed and laughed at your email Mom. I figured after I sent that email last week about the bed bugs that you weren't going to let me go inside our house without changing out of my clothes. haha Shoot. Too funny! Sometimes you just have to laugh at a situation because if you don't laugh you'll probably cry. So Sister Robinson and I did a whole lot of laughing this week. I am surprised we haven't gone crazy yet! But things are good now so we are going to be just fine! (:
     Even though we had a lot going on with the bed bug situation we were still able to get out and work as much as we possibly could! God definitely blessed us sooooo much this week. I think He knew that we were so stressed out that we was like I'll just help them out a little bit more than usual this week because we found 7 NEW INVESTIGATORS. 7. New. Investigators. Can you believe that?! Because I sure couldn't! haha I still have no idea how that happened, but I am super excited about it! We started to teach this really awesome family! They are from Egypt and they came here only 5 months ago. They are soooooooo nice. They are Coptic Orthodox. Which is something I have never heard of so we had to ask some of our members here so we knew how to start teaching them. They have never even heard of our Church before. Which is so crazy! I feel like I haven't met very many people who have never heard of "Mormon" before. So we are going to need to start at the very beginning with them! They are seriously some of the nicest people I have ever met! They are so welcoming and so friendly! We have a member in our ward here that speaks Arabic so he is going to come out on a team up with us this coming Saturday! We are super excited. Jackie was able to receive the Gift of The Holy Ghost yesterday and she is doing so awesome! Things really are moving right along over here. God will always keep His work going even when crazy things come up! I am so grateful for that! It is a testimony builder to me that God really is in the details of this work! 
     Things are now going great and I am super excited to now just solely focus on the work and on our investigators! (: Thanks for your examples to me and for everything you do for me! I miss you all so much, but I am so grateful for this opportunity to be out here. Even when things get a little crazy! Remember to keep sharing the gospel and helping those missionaries out over there! (: 

LOVES YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK!! WE GOT THIS! 
Love, Sister Woodland

No comments:

Post a Comment