Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

February 16, 2015 (It. Is. FRIGID.)

Hey Fam.
     I'M FREEZING MY BUM OFF OVER HERE. Just in case anyone wanted to know. It is frigid. First off, it really should just stop snowing. I would really appreciate it. Secondly, if the wind would just stop blowing it wouldn't feel like someone was cutting my skin with little knives. Thirdly, if the temperature could just stay above 20 degrees my bones wouldn't hurt so much. It is supposed to be in the negatives today. Last night it was at 2 degrees and we were dying. Every time we would get out of the car Sister Robinson would scream... hahaha Our Mission President actually sent out a text to all of the missionaries to not be outside and to be smart with the cold weather we are having right now. 



​        ( Just in case you thought I was messin with ya... )

We woke up this morning and it was 65 degrees in our apartment. I think we have really bad windows and doors because the air from outside just seeps right in. I thought we were like camping or something this morning because it was so cold. haha If the heat would just at least work in our apartment things would run a little smoother... I am just grateful we have a roof over our heads! (: I think it is a lot colder this year than it was last year, but it snowed a lot more last year than it has this year. So there are always positives in every situation! 
     This week was another slowish week. But we are working again on increasing our teaching pool. We tried a former investigator and we were able to pick her up as a new investigator this week. She is such a sweet women and she has an incredible desire to help others especially her family. So hopefully this time she will keep the commitments we leave with her. (: I am excited to start teaching her and hopefully her family as well. I love trying to find new people to teach in this area because people are so friendly here. Even if they aren't interested they are still so nice and so willing to talk with us. It makes sharing the gospel a little easier. Everyone keeps talking about me leaving this area though at the end of this transfer. Ugh. That will be a hard day for me if I am transferred. I have fallen in love with this area and these incredible people. But I know that whatever is supposed to happen will and that it will be exactly what God needs me to do. I am just going to work hard and have lots of fun these last two weeks of this transfer and then we will see what happens! I keep joking with Sister Robinson that she is going to be the one who gets transferred and that they are going to keep me here for a 5th transfer... That would be so crazy! I think at that point I would come to terms with the fact that they forgot about me all the way over here in New York. haha Isaiah told us this week that he got asked to be the Deacon Quorum's President!!! He seems a little bit nervous. I think this calling will be EXACTLY what he needs to help him progress more in the Gospel. It has been really fun for me to be here to watch him grow and understand things more and more. He really is such a great kid! 
     I hope that you guys had a great Valentine's Day! And Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! Holy smokes you people have been married for FOREVER. hahaha That is so awesome! (: Sister Robinson and I had a fun Valentine's day. I made heart shaped pancakes for breakfast... (I know I didn't know I could make them either... ) and then we went out to lunch! I did get your package by the way! We both loved what you put in it! And thanks for the drugs! (: I also LOVE those heart shaped balloons... hahaha I was secretly hoping that you would send them again this year! I was so excited when you did. They are so great! They bring some excitement into our missionary lives... But it turned out to be a really good day! Just stinkin cold... But what's new... (;



​                                                (Barb found this card. I thought it was so great!!)
   

  Thanks again for all you guys do for me! I am so stinking lucky to have you guys as my family. I hope that yous have another great week! I'll send some snow and coldness your way! (; 

LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK!! WE GOT THIS!
Love, Sister Woodland

p.s. I am feeling pretty good. The medicine seems to be working! (: HALLELUJAH! 


No comments:

Post a Comment