Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

February 9, 2015 (Why won't they die?)

Family.
     So this week was a little rough. I guess you have to have a few of those every now and then! haha First things first. We have found 2 more bed bugs since the extermination... HOW ARE THESE BUGS STILL LIVING?! That is a question that I just feel like we will never be able to answer.... hahah Sister Robinson thinks they have 9 lives and I just think these things are mutant. We talked with our Land Lord this morning and he said that he will try to get an exterminator to come back in and spray again to try and get the bed bugs he missed. They really are the hardest bugs to kill. So we washed our sheets and blankets again this morning. We are just going to continue to work our little bums off trying to get rid of these things once and for all even if it takes forever. The next thing is that the weather over here is CRAZY. We woke up this morning and went out to our car and it was raining ice. It was super hard to scrape the ice off of our car windows... Even though I have had a winter here on the east coast I still feel like I am so unprepared for the craziness of this winter weather. I don't ever remember it raining ice last year... hahaha It is a good experience for me though. And don't worry Mom. We are being SO careful! I think it is so crazy that you guys are having such a warm winter! You can have some of this snow! (: Then the last thing was that the sweet Egyptian family that we found last week talked with their preacher person and they asked us not to come back... It was SO sad. They are such nice people and we were so excited to teach them. But they do have two copies of the Book of Mormon and a restoration pamphlet. So the seed was planted! (: We also had to drop one other investigator because he just wasn't progressing and he wasn't willing to read the scriptures or pray or come to church. But I hope that one day his heart will be softened and he will be ready to receive the restored gospel. It definitely takes a toll of my heart when we have to drop someone or they drop us... I am getting really used to "break-ups". I will be pro at those when I get home! hahahahaha Just kidding. Someone told me the yesterday that I have exactly 5 months till I go home. ISN'T THAT SO WEIRD. I had a mini panic attack inside. haha Time is going by so quickly. I feel like I blink and a week goes by... haha Anyway, even though it was a slower week and a little bit of a bummer we still had fun and worked hard. (: We got to end the week at Stake Conference. We had Elder Kacher come and speak to the Caldwell Stake and it was AMAZING. It was exactly what I needed to hear. I love how God answers prayers through other people. But he just spoke as the Spirit directed him and it was so good. He had the primary children go up on the stand and sing a primary hymn about the Savior and they he asked a few of them to say what Jesus meant to them. These little kids were SO powerful. I was so amazed. Elder Kacher said how we all need to become as little children because their testimonies are pure and simple. He then talked about how important it is to be Temple Worthy always. And that if we aren't Temple Worthy that is what the Atonement of Jesus Christ is for. The Savior loves each one of us perfectly and He wants the absolute best for us so He has given us a way that we can receive all of the blessings He has in store for us. My heart is constantly full of gratitude for the unconditional love the Savior has for each one of us. He truly loves us perfectly. I find so much peace in that knowledge. I love the talk by President Utchdorf titled, "Living The Gospel Joyfully". I love the part where he says,
"You are loved. You are dear to your heavenly parents. The infinite and eternal Creator of light and life knows you! He is mindful of you. Yes, God loves you this very day and always. He is not waiting to love you until you have overcome your weaknesses and bad habits. He loves you today with a full understanding of your struggles. He is aware that you reach up to Him in heartfelt and hopeful prayer. He knows of the times you have held onto the fading light and believed—even in the midst of growing darkness. He knows of your sufferings. He knows of your remorse for the times you have fallen short or failed. And still He loves you. And God knows of your successes; though they may seem small to you, He acknowledges and cherishes each one of them. He loves you for extending yourself to others. He loves you for reaching out and helping others bear their heavy burdens—even when you are struggling with your own. He knows everything about you. He sees you clearly—He knows you as you really are. And He loves you—today and always!"
 Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father love us so much and they want nothing but the best for each one of us, NO MATTER WHAT. I just stinking love that. This Gospel truly does bring us the most happiness and peace!
     Thanks for everything you guys do for me and thanks for all of the prayers! I know that the power of prayer is real. (: I hope that you guys have a great week! 

LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK! WE GOT THIS!! 
Love, Sister Woodland

p.s. I am so glad you guys got to go to Richy's baptism! That is so awesome! Makes me so darn happy! hahaha


No comments:

Post a Comment