Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

June 30, 2014 (Happy 4th of July Peeps.)

Hey Fam.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

Can you believe the 4th of July is this week?! Man... I love the 4th of July SO much!!!  I really hope we get to do something that day. They used to be able to go somewhere and watch the fireworks as a zone, but things might change because President Taggart is now in charge, so who knows! I REALLY hope he lets us watch the fireworks though... That would be so great! 
     This last week was a good week! Even though three of our investigators dropped us... It is always really hard when people decide they don't want to learn anymore and that they are content with the lives that they are living, but I also know that we were able to plant seeds with them and hopefully they will accept the gospel later on down the road! We had a really great lesson with Stephon though! We taught him the Plan of Salvation and he had SO many great questions! It made him think about the life he is living and things that he should improve on! He told us that he wants to raise a family the right way... So he was really interested in being able to live with his family for time and all eternity! We invited him to be baptized on August 3rd and he said YES. Sister Trias and I were so excited! He is still struggling to understand things for himself, but I know that overtime he will be able to receive the answers he is looking for and come to know for himself that this is the true church once again restored to the earth by the prophet Joseph Smith! We are still working on finding more people to teach. We have some referrals to contact this week so hopefully they will go well! (: 
     It has been so cool because for the first time in my mission I have actually started to look forward to studies. I never really hated studying in the morning, but I never looked forward to them or really wanted to do them. Now, I cannot wait to study and to learn more. It helps me feel more relaxed and it helps me to be prepared for the day ahead of us! I have an extra hour to study now because Sister Trias has to do an extra hour of language study. I love having that extra hour! I have been out now for over 6 months and I FINALLY feel like I am really enjoying what I do. Not having to force myself to love going out and contacting people or going to see people all day long, but actually loving sharing the gospel with my brothers and sisters here. I have been praying everyday to love these people as Jesus Christ loves them and I have been able to see a complete change in myself. I am starting to understand what people mean when they say that they truly love their missions and when their missions actually become apart of their lives not just a routine that they have to do. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. (:
     I am glad that you guys are doing so great! It is always good to hear that things are going well back home! I miss your faces like crazy, but I know I need to be here right now! (: I love being here! (: I hope you guys have a great 4th of July!!! Have fun walking in the parade! (: Do something crazy for me, would ya?! hahaha Have a great week ya'll! 

LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK!!! WE GOT THIS!!!

Love, Sister Woodland


No comments:

Post a Comment