Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

July 14, 2014 (7 Month Mark!)

Hey my favorite people!
      So this last week has been kind of a blur... so bare with me... hahaha Sometimes I forget what has happened because so much seems to happen in a week! 
     We have started teaching a family whose daughter/sister was murder about 8 years or so ago. It has been really hard to teach them because they have so many questions and doubts, but I know that as Sister Trias and I study really hard for them and then go by the promptings we receive from the Holy Ghost we will know how to help them overcome this awful trial in their lives. Being able to teach people who have gone through SO much is such a humbling experience for me. I am always grateful for the chances that I get to help them through the gospel! We are still seeing S. Cronan (the 94 year old lady). She is so cute! She is so stinkin stubborn and sometimes I just don't quite know how to help her... You can't ever disagree with her because she will fight you to the very end. hahaha Right now her issue is with her oxygen... She is at like level 5, but she wants it higher... She always says that she isn't even getting any oxygen so when we visit her we always find the oxygen tube in your mouth... hahahaha I love her so much! She lets us take her outside now in the wheel chair. We love doing that because she is finally able to get out of her room and into the fresh air. She figured out recently that she can push herself in the wheel chair and she loves it! She had the biggest grin on her face! We have been having a hard time seeing some of our investigators... So we are working on trying to get in contact with them and see what is going on and how we can help them better! Things with Elizabeth are going so great! She is so amazing!!! She really is the most prepared person I have ever met! We got to teach her for the first time on Friday. She told us that when she lived in Las Vegas she was introduced to the gospel by a friend. That friend invited her and her husband to Stake Conference and then to watch General Conference with them. Ever since then she has been on to lds.org, reading from the Book of Mormon, and reading from other resources. She has been researching and studying the gospel for herself for about 5 years. While doing this she already came to know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church. She knows SO much already! She told us that she knows about Temples and that we perform sacred ordinances in the Temple!! That is always a harder topic to talk to people about because they are skeptical sometimes. But not Elizabeth! She is so prepared it is unreal! She said the thing that has made her know this is true and to find so much peace has been because of the Plan of Salvation! She wants to raise their future children in the gospel! Her husband isn't very interested right now, but he is SO supportive! He even promised that he would read the Book of Mormon to there children every night!!!!!!!!! When she said that it just gave me chills. I know that he will come to know for himself that this gospel is true, just in his own time! I feel SO blessed to have the opportunity to teach Elizabeth! We were able to put her on date to be baptized for July 27th and she accepted! She was so excited about that date! She told us yesterday that the 27th is so close, yet not soon enough! She is so great! 
     So that was basically my week! I mean lots of other things happened, but I can't really remember everything right now! hahaha Shoot! I hope that everyone starts to feel better soon and that no one else gets sick!! I will be honest.... I am sad that I can't be at the family reunions, but I know that I am needed here more right now! Even though I miss you people like crazy, there is no where else I would rather be than in Hightstown, New Jersey right now!! (: I hope you guys have a great week! Random fact... I WILL HAVE BEEN OUT FOR 7 MONTHS ON FRIDAY... So crazy!!! 

I LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK!! WE GOT THIS!!!

Love, Sister Woodland

No comments:

Post a Comment