Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

July 28, 2014 (I love being a missionary.)

Hey Fam.
     So this week went by SO fast. Like ridiculously fast. I felt like Sister Trias and I never had time to just sit down and breathe! haha But it is all good because ELIZABETH WAS BAPTIZED YESTERDAY! It was seriously such an amazing experience! I am still completely in awe with how incredible she is and just how prepared she was. Preparing for a baptism can be just the tiniest bit stressful, but everything worked out perfectly! The relief society brought it dessert of all kinds! We were thinking we were only going to have like cookies and maybe a plate of brownies, but they brought a ton of stuff! We also didn't think that we were going to have so many members of the ward there, but SO many of them came and supported Elizabeth! (: The spirit was so strong during her entire baptism! I was a mess... haha I was expecting that though... haha But I cannot even describe the feelings that I felt watching Elizabeth make this covenant with our Heavenly Father. She came out of the water grinning from ear to ear! She bore her testimony at the end of the program and it was incredible! It was such a powerful testimony! People kept telling Sister Trias and I that they couldn't believe how much knowledge she has about the gospel and how it seems like she has been a member for forever! I really have never felt so much happiness for someone else to make this sacred promise with our Heavenly Father. I still feel way to blessed to have been the missionaries who taught her, but I will forever be grateful for the opportunity that I got to be her missionary! I know that I am in this area and that I was supposed to stay in this area so that I could meet her and be a part in her conversion process! Things like this make every single hard time on the mission worth it. To see the joy that she had after she was baptized was seriously indescribable! I am grateful to our Ward for their love and fellowship! I hope that her husband and mom were able to be touched by the spirit and that they will never forget the feelings they had at Elizabeth's baptism! They seemed to really like it and her husband even said that he feels so loved! It is amazing to see the gospel work in our lives! I JUST LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! 
     I am glad that you guys have had a good week! I am always thinking about ya'll and hoping that things are going great! You're in my prayers every single day! Thanks again for the love and support! I couldn't do it without yous! (: 

LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK!! WE GOT THIS!

Love, Sister Woodland

No comments:

Post a Comment