Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

September 23, 2014 (NEW YORK STATE BABY!)

Hey Fam.
     So a lot has happened. haha I am now serving in New City, New York! SO CRAZY. There is only 1 English Sister area in New York State and I am here!!! I have seriously wanted to serve here my whole mission, but I thought that I never would especially because there is just one area. I was wrong. So my new companion's name is Sister Rigby and she is from Rexburg Idaho. She has been out for almost 5 months! She is super awesome and I am excited to serve with her! This area is seriously full of people who are prepared and ready to receive the gospel! There are some pretty sketchy areas here and some pretty nice parts, so I get the best of both worlds! (: There are trees EVERYWHERE here. I mean everywhere! So it is going to be fun serving here, especially in the Fall. Speaking of Fall.... It is getting pretty cold here. Sometimes it is really nice, but then it gets really cold at night! People keep saying that we might not have much of a fall... it might go straight into winter... So who knows! All I know is last winter was crazy, so hopefully it won't be as bad this year! We have about 6 investigators right now and three of them are progressing! We are teaching a Mom and her three daughters! They are so stinkin great! It has been really neat to teach them! The girls are 14 and 10 years old, but they are always participating in the lessons and keeping our commitments! They were referred by missionaries in Louisiana because she went down there for her friend’s baptism and she wanted to learn more. They were at church last Sunday for the first time! So things seem to be going pretty well with them! The girls are even praying on their own! So amazing! We have been trying to get in contact with a less active and he was always busy or couldn't meet with us for some reason, but FINALLY on Sunday night we just stopped by and he let us in! MIRACLE. At first when we were talking to him he just kept saying that he is a religious person, but that he doesn't think he needs to go to Church. As we sat and talked with him and actually listened to what he had to say his attitude towards church changed. By the end of the lesson he told us that he knows he needs to come back to church! I kinda didn't know how to react at first... hahahah I was like, uuuuhhhh yes! YES that is totally what you need to do! hahaha So he said he will come to church this next Sunday and that he was going to bring his mom and sister who are not members! Anyway, amazing things are happening and I am ready to see the miracles that happen this transfer! It is going to be a great transfer!!! 
     I have officially been out for 9 months now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY COW. I seriously cannot even believe it... I never thought I would ever hit my 9 month mark... and now I have! hahaha It is so weird! I really feel like a just got out here... CRAZY.


  
So, last Saturday we got to help out for "Passaic day of Service". I GOT TO GO BACK TO MY FIRST AREA. I was seriously beyond excited about it! Definitely a tender mercy! I didn't realize how much I missed the sketchy until I went back to my first area! haha I also got to see a lot of people from the Paterson Branch! It was so good to see so many people that I had the opportunity to serve around! I was so stinkin excited to see Sister Valdez and the whole family! They are so great and I have missed them a ton! We got to clean up the streets of Passaic and help weed! It was fun to help out! Also, Sister Page and I are in the same zone! I get to serve around my trainer for her last transfer! I WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT IT! So it was definitely a very busy week! (: I am excited to see how this next week goes! I will be emailing on Monday next week... hahaha sorry!! We had a Zone Conference yesterday so our P-Day got switched this week. I will probably be emailing a little bit later on Monday's now though because we email at the church here and the elders usually email before us! Well my favorite people, I am so stinkin excited to be in this area and to get to work! I love being a missionary and I am so grateful for the chance I have to be out here! Thanks for all of your love and support! You guys are seriously the best EVER. I don't know what I would do without yous! 
LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK!! WE GOT THIS!!!
Love, Sister Woodland


P.S. My new address is 249 North Middletown Rd. Apt. 4A Nanuet, New York 10954!!! WRITE ME. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment