Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

September 15, 2014 (Singled Out??)

Hey Hey Hey,
     Alright. So I didn't think things could get any crazier... but they sure did!!! Sister Trias and I were at lunch on Thursday with Sister McCready and we got a call from the Assistants... We are being doubled out of the area! So basically I am really just getting "singled out" of the area because Sister Trias is already home. I have been with the Sister Missionaries in the Princeton 1st Ward since Thursday night trying to get things ready in my area for the two new sisters to come into. We found out that Sister Stout (one of the sisters I am with right now) is being transferred so we now have to get my things packed and her things packed and ready for tomorrow! We also are going to have to say goodbye to people in both areas. So it is going to continue to be a very busy couple of days! Part of me wonders if they forgot that Sister Trias was leaving early... Because it has been kinda intense planning and organizing the area without a companion! hahaha But everything is getting done and falling into place! So I am not worried! (: Just have to use our time very wisely today and tomorrow! I am excited to find out who my next companion will be and where I will be serving next! It is like a whole mix of emotions! This area definitely was a hard area, but I think because it was harder and we had to work hard to find people to teach, it made me love this area so much! I have been crying all the stinking time! haha On Sunday during Ward Counsel I told them that I was leaving the area and that on Tuesday they would be getting two new sister missionaries. Then during Sacrament Meeting the Bishop asked me to go up and bear my testimony. I was grateful he asked me to do that so I could share my testimony with the members and everyone that was there, but I just cried through the whole flipping thing. haha I seriously was a mess! It was definitely hard for me to leave my first area, but it has been so much harder for me to leave this area. I know though that the Lord needs me somewhere else now, so I need to just trust in Him and know that whoever I am with and wherever I go is exactly where I need to be. And I know it will be. It always has been! (: It makes me think of the Hymn "I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go":

 "It may not be on the mountain height
Or over the stormy sea, 
It may not be at the battle's front
My Lord will have need of me.
But if, by a still, small voice he calls
to paths that I do not know, 
I'll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine:
I'll go where you want me to go.
I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord, 
Over mountain or plain or sea;
I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord;
I'll be what you want me to be."

I am so grateful for change even if it is hard and I know that there is a reason I am being transferred. I am ready to take on whatever is next! (: The Mini MTC we did this last Wednesday night seemed to turn out pretty good! I think the youth really enjoyed it! It was so much fun to see all of the missionaries dressed up as people we contact on a daily basis! It was super funny! At first the youth seemed a little apprehensive to talk to the missionaries, but they started to get the hang of things and were having some fun with it! All of the ward members we invited to play investigators said that they youth did really well teaching them! I think it helped the youth understand more that missionary work really isn't that hard. Being able to learn a little bit of what the full-time missionaries go through made them realize just how easy and fun it can be to share the gospel with anyone! (:

This was all of the missionaries in their "contacting clothes"! It was too much fun! They were really good and role playing! 

     And just like that I will be in a new area tomorrow! Mission life is always full of changes! And most of the time they are a little unexpected! hahaha You have to learn to just go with the flow! (: I am going to miss Hightstown so much! I am so thankful for everything I was able to experience there and for the miracles I was able to see and to be a part of! I learned so much in Hightstown with both of my companions I had there! I am ready though for a change. I know that it is exactly what needs to happen right now! (: So I will let all ya'll know where I end up next Monday! Part of me really hopes I go back to the city... BUT I probs won't because I want to so bad! hahaha We shall see! I hope you have a great week! (: Thanks for everything you do! (: 

LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK!! WE GOT THIS! 

Love, Sister Woodland

P.S. I LOVE FALL WEATHER! I am so excited for the Fall here! 


No comments:

Post a Comment