Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

August 25, 2014 (Prayin in a Methodist Church.)

Hey Fam.
     I still cannot even believe that school has started again... I hope that Mal and Bryce had a great first day at the High School!! I cannot believe that Murray won their first football game of the season! That just blows my mind... hahaha Good for them! Man... It will always be weird for me to think that Mal is a senior and that Bryce is a sophomore... I am excited for all of these people leaving on missions! Man... It makes me kinda sad... I have now been out for over 8 months and I just want to be a missionary forever... hahahaha Besides seeing you guys that is! (: Being a missionary is seriously the greatest thing EVER! I am so grateful each day for the opportunity I have to be here in Jersey! Even if it gets a little crazy sometimes! haha 
     So this week was pretty much the same ole' same ole'. BUT we did find a new investigator this week! Her name is Esther and she is so sweet! We were asked to take some food to her from the Food Bank because they said she had absolutely nothing at all. Come to find out she lives really close to where we live! Anyway, we took her the food and we got to go inside and visit with her for a while. She is really struggling right now with different things and she really didn't have ANY food in her fridge. It broke my heart. We were able to share a scripture with her and talk a little about the Restored Gospel before we had to get back to the Food Bank. She told us that she would love it if we came back so we will be seeing her sometime this week hopefully! It was really cool to see something come out of doing service for others! That has been something that our new mission president has been really trying to focus on! Then, on Thursday we were volunteering at a soup kitchen at the Methodist church and we got to read and pray with them!! We chose some versus out of the Bible, but it was such a neat experience to be able to pray in a Methodist church to about 30-40 people and then to pray with them! You definitely don't normally get that experience on a regular basis! We actually aren't allowed to proselyte near other building or other faiths. Which makes complete sense! So to have the opportunity to pray in a Methodist church and to read from the Bible and to talk about Jesus Christ was a really neat experience for me! So things are definitely happening here in Hightstown, NJ. They may be a little slower, but they are definitely happening! (: We had family home evening with Elizabeth and her husband Nick at a member’s home last Monday and it went really well! It was seriously the perfect Family Home Evening! It was awesome! haha (: Nick seemed to enjoy being there! A few days after Family Home Evening Elizabeth told us that she and Nick have been doing their "Gratitude Journals" and that on Monday night Nick told her that he was grateful for Family Home Evening!!! I was so excited!!! Nick is definitely coming to learn more about the gospel and you can tell you likes how family oriented it is! I just know that he will accept the gospel, but it is going to be in his own time, which is okay! (: Elizabeth is such an amazing example! Oh, by the way!!!! ELIZABETH GOT HER TEMPLE RECOMMEND YESTERDAY!!!! Man. She is so great! She also received a calling yesterday! I am so excited for her! She is such an example to me and I just love her so stinkin much!! (: My companion, Sister Trias, goes home in less than 3 weeks now... I keep telling her that I will still see her after the mission, but she keeps telling me that she isn't coming back to the states... all she says is, "I'll see you in the eternities"......... It just makes me wanna hit her!! hahahahaha I love her so much and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had to be companions with her! I have learned so much for her! 
     I just want to share with yous the lyrics from "Have I Done Any Good?" 
 "Have I done any good in the world today?
Have I helped anyone in need?
Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel glad?
If not, I have failed indeed.
Has anyone's burden been lighter today
Because I was willing to share?
Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way?
When they needed my help was I there?
Then wake up and do something more
Than dream of your mansion above.
Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure,
A blessing of duty and love.
There are chances for work all around just now,
Opportunities right in our way.
Do not let them pass by, saying, "Sometime I'll try,"
But go and do something today.
'Tis noble of man to work and to give;
Love's labor has merit alone.
Only he who does something helps others to live.
To God each good work will be known."

Remember to get out and do something good today! (: I love you guys SOOOOO much and I am so thankful for everything you do for me every single day! THANKS for all of the letters in the mail! That was such a great surprise! I loved it SOOO much! Made my entire week! (: We have the best family in the whole wide world! Have a great week! 
LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK! WE GOT THIS!! 


Love, Sister Woodland

No comments:

Post a Comment