Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

August 11, 2014 (Family History!)

Hey Peeps.
     This week was a slow, but a fast week...Does that make any sense?? haha We have been really trying to work with less actives and finding new investigators. We are going through our new ward list and figuring out who everyone is. So it has been a big guessing game... Sometimes it is a little awkward because we aren't sure who the person might be so we decide to stop by and figure it out and they end up being active members... So we just have to play it off smoothly! (: haha I have a lot of anxiety when it comes to talking to less active we do not know! Some of them can be really mean... :( That makes it really hard. We contacted a less active a couple of days ago and she asked how we found her... We told her that her address is in the Ward directory and then she asked to be removed from it... That is THE hardest thing to hear from people. It really just breaks my heart into a million different pieces! Even though I don't know these people, either at all or not very much, it is so hard to hear that because I know what they are missing out on. I know that they once had a testimony of the gospel, but that something over the years has happened. I just want the very best for these people, but it has to be their choice... That’s why we have free agency, right? Man... free agency can be so hard sometimes as a missionary! I have really had to learn that I cannot force people to listen to us or keep commitments that we leave with them. I cannot force less actives to come back to church and to find the testimonies that they once had, but I CAN love them! I can love them into the gospel or love them back to the gospel! We aren't here to force people to listen to us; we are here to invite them to come unto Christ! And one of the best ways that I have found to do this is to just love them! (:
     We did the family history booth this Friday and it was so much fun!!! It actually went really well! I thought that no one would want to listen to us, but almost everyone that passed by took a card and talked with us for a little about family history work and their ancestors! It was neat to share the gospel in a different perspective and I think people were more willing to talk to us because they didn't feel so threatened by Family History! So we will be doing it again this upcoming Friday! We haven't gotten any return phone calls or set appointments to meet with anyone, but we will keep trying and see how things continue to go! (: It was SO funny... I was back behind the booth and Sister Trias was standing out in front with cards in her hand, and this older man walked by. Sister Trias asked if he was interested in Family History and He said No... So she asked Why not and his response was "I don't want to know which of my family members were hung." hahahahahaha We were NOT expecting that kind of an answer... None of us knew what to say back to that so we just said okay and then we all just laughed uncontrollably! You just never know what to expect out of people’s mouths sometimes... hahaha 
     Well, I am so glad that you all had a fun time at the reunion! I am sad that I wasn't able to go, especially to the rodeo... (; hahaha I can't wait to go to rodeos again when I am home! hahaha It sounds that it was really fun though! I am glad you guys have had a great week! Thanks again for all the love and support! You guys mean everything to me and I am so grateful for each one of you! (:

LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK!! WE GOT THIS!

Love, Sister Woodland

No comments:

Post a Comment