Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

August 4, 2014 (Bed bugs are my faaaaav)

HEEEEY.
     I hope that all of you had the greatest week ever!! This last week was a pretty good week! I feel like I was a little overwhelmed with trying to get things organized and ready for this next transfer. Speaking of this next transfer.... I AM STAYING IN HIGHTSTOWN FOR A 4TH TRANSFER. I have now been here for over 4 months! It is crazy to think that it has already been 4 months because it sometimes feels like I just got here! I have been struggling with wanting to be here.... but I know that there is a reason that I haven't been transferred! This area can be soooooo hard, but I know that being here for a 4th transfer will help me to grow and become an even better missionary! I have so many things that I need to improve on and fix, so I am grateful for each opportunity that I have to grow. This last week we basically were focusing on getting the area ready for this new transfer! I am trying to get my life more organized so I can work SOOO hard this transfer! I am ready to work until I absolutely can't anymore and then to just get up and work some more! (: It is good for me to finally feel this way because when I first came out I was always so nervous to get out and work, but now I have to be outside and working or I will go crazy! haha This really is my life now and I love being out and doing missionary work! One of the sisters who came out 6 weeks ago was talking to me the other day and she told me that I was old.... WHOA. hahah I still feel like I just came out on a mission... Like I just got into the field yesterday! Man. That was the first time I have ever been called old... I didn't like it! haha so let's talk about being rejected... haha it is ALWAYS a good time. Sister Trias and I contacted these two guys on Saturday and it was really crazy... hahaha They are both from Ghana and one of their names was Minister Daniel. He literally yelled at us for like a good 10 minutes before we could even get a word in. Normally when we approach people like him I either just bare my testimony or thank them for their time and walk away. As missionaries we are never supposed to argue with them because...well.... that drives the spirit away. But we decided to just listen to what this guy had to say and we followed the promptings we received from the Holy Ghost. By the end of our 45 minute conversation he told us that he loves us.... hahahahahahahahahahahahah Sister Trias and I just looked at each other and couldn't help but laugh a little. I wanted to say back to him.... 'And this is how you treat the people you love?!' hahaha But I didn't, don't worry! (: The craziest part about the whole thing though was that he kept telling us that Mormon is a demon... It was crazy... Then we found out yesterday from some members in our ward who are from Ghana that he was talking about mammon in the bible. Well mammon is a bad spirit in the bible, but we were talking about Mormon and he was so upset about it because the word "Mormon" is on the cover of the Book of Mormon... hahaha Anyway, you just never know what to expect when you talk to random people on the street! I love it so much!! (: Random note... I think we have bed bugs again... hahahaha Man. At this point I am just going to make them their own little home and invite them into my bed! (:
    Anywho, I got the stuff you sent with Sister McCready! Thank you sooooo much for sending all of that stuff I loved it!!! It is funny that you sent an "Adjusting to Missionary Life" book mom because I actually have one. About 6 months ago they made all the missionaries have one and study from it... I actually study from it every single morning! BUT, thank you for sending me another one! It is seriously the best book ever! It is so helpful whenever I am stressed out about something or if I need help with something. So you should definitely give chaddy boy one! It has seriously saved my life plenty of times on my mission! Especially when I had surgery and was going through all that stuff!! (: Also, I think it is sooo cool that you guys are training for a 5k!!! YOU GO GUYS. (: I mean seriously! That is awesome! Well, thanks again for absolutely EVERYTHING that you do for me! You guys are the best! I hope you have a great week! (:

l LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON & BACK! WE GOT THIS!!! 


Love, Sister Woodland

No comments:

Post a Comment