Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

May 12, 2014 (You People Are So Cute.)

Hey Fam,
     Alright... Getting to Skype you guys and see your beautiful faces yesterday was seriously the best thing EVER. LOVED IT. Well... 6 more months and we get to do it again! hahahaha That is so crazy though... In 6 months I will have been out for a year! TIME IS JUST FLYIN BY! As long as I don't think about it too much then I'm good! I am glad that things are going well for ya'll! That is always good for me to hear! I'm glad you liked your Mother's Day card Mom! haha We thought they were SO funny and we had to get them! You have to be a little creative out here on the mish! 
     I don't really have tons to tell you today because we got to talk yesterday, but last week was definitely a much slower week for Sister Holyoak and I! I am just SO glad that she is finally feeling better! I think that was the first time I have ever been in the E.R. So that was a pretty fun experience for me! I just wanted to know why everyone else was in there... hahaha We are doing good though! I am just so ready to get back to work! Being stuck inside all day as a missionary can kind of make you crazy... So it was good to get out yesterday and today! We are excited to finally get back to work this week! We have a lot of work to do here, and we are so ready to do it! I just know we are going to see miracles this transfer! We really need some new investigators so we have to put forth a lot of effort on our part and we need to have a lot of faith in our Father in Heaven that He will help with the rest. And I know He will!! He is the best! (: I wanted to share with yous something that I have been learning. I have been learning a ton about prayers. My prayers have always been answered, but sometimes I get too caught up in what I want right then and there and not what is really going to be best for me in my life. This was reiterated to me this morning when I was studying. I was reading President Monson's talk in the October 2013 General Conference, titled, "We Never Walk Alone." He says, "We were not placed on this earth to walk alone. What an amazing source of power, of strength, and of comfort is available to each of us. He who knows us better than we know ourselves, He who sees the larger picture and who knows the end from the beginning, has assured us that He will be there for us to provide help if we but ask." He is going to help us out with whatever is going on in our lives, but we need to ask. We need to have the faith to act on our part. Then I loved the poem he shared about prayer. It says, "I know not by what methods rare, But this I know, God answers prayer. I know that He has given His Word, Which tells me prayer is always heard, And will be answered, soon or late. And so I pray and calmly wait. I know not if the blessing sought Will come in just the way I thought; But leave my prayers with Him alone, Whose will is wiser than my own, Assured that He will grant my quest, Or send some answer far more blest." I know that that is so true. I love being able to talk to my Heavenly Father and I know that He answers my prayers!
    I hope you all have the best week ever!! I am praying for you and I think about you guys all the time! Even when you are growing up on me and stuff... (Mainly Bryce.... I mean come on little boy.... I don't think I will recognize you when I get home... hahaha) Keep being the amazing family that you are! We seriously have the best family EVER! LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON AND BACK!!! WE GOT THIS!!!! (: (: (:
Love, Sister Woodland
P.S. I would really love a new quad for my birthday... the one I have with me is from when I was baptized and well.... it is falling apart... hahaha Shoot! Other than that surprise me! (: I'M GOING TO BE SO OLD! hahah (: LOVE YOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment