Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

May 27, 2014 (We got this!)

Family,
I loved absolutely everything! I had a great Birthday! I went on an exchange on Thursday to Friday morning so I was with one of my Sister Training Leaders and she made me pancakes and a smoothie for breakfast that morning. When I got home around 11 am on Friday, Sister Holyoak and Sister Collins had decorated our apartment! It was really cute! TONS of missionaries texted me Happy Birthday and President Jeppson and Sister Jeppson called and sang Happy Birthday to me later that night! Sister Holyoak took me out to lunch and we went to a place called Bobby's Burger Place. IT IS SOOO GOOD. Then we had another great day of missionary work! This really sweet family in our Ward made us dinner that night and they made me a cake! I had a great Birthday on the Mish! (: So thank you ALL for everything! I really appreciate it so much! I had a great day!
     We are still struggling at finding new investigators so we are trying to get really creative with different finding ideas! It should be a lot of fun this week... It might get a little crazy, but at least we will have lots of stories to take from this weeks adventures! We had a couple of Potential Investigators, but none of them were interested. The one man who had read the news paper article was an older man and he told us right off the bat that he didn't want to be converted he just wanted to know how we were doing... hahaha He told us that his nephew has already tried to convert him so we really shouldn't try...! That is always hard to hear... but something I have really learned on my mission is that people have their free agency. Even though I want to force them to know that this is true.... I can't! Bummer... hahaha But I know that things are going to go well! We have seen how willing the members in our area are to help us out! They are doing all they can to find those who are prepared and ready to receive the Restored Gospel. I know that it is going to take a little time before things start to pick up, but I know that they will! I was reading a talk given by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland titled, "Missionary Work and the Atonement." I wanted to share three quotes that really have helped me this past week and still are helping me. 
·         "Missionary work is not easy because salvation is not a cheap experience. Salvation never was easy."
·         "I don't believe missionary work has ever been easy, nor that conversion is, nor that retention is, nor that continued faithfulness is. I believe it is supposed to require some effort, something from the depths of our soul."
·         "The Atonement will carry the missionaries perhaps even more importantly than it will carry the investigators. When you struggle, when you are rejected, when you are spit upon and cast out and made a hiss and a byword, you are standing with the best life this world has ever known, the only pure and perfect life ever lived. You have reason to stand tall and be grateful that the Living Son of the Living God knows all about your sorrows and afflictions. The only way to salvation is through Gethsemane and on to Calvary. The only way to eternity is through Him-- the Way, the Truth, and the Life." 
So I have realized that even though it has been tough and discouraging at times my Savior knows exactly what I am going through. He is going to help me through this and I know that as I continue forward with faith things WILL work out! (:
     I hope all of you had a great Memorial Day! I had a really fun day! We got to go to a parade in downtown Main in Hightstown with the McCready's (the family we live below). It was a lot of fun! One of the members in our Ward, Brother Lee, was the Grand Marshall this year so that was fun to see him in the parade! Then we had a Ward picnic and we got to go with the McCready's and with Sally, the recent convert from Tai Wan. It was a blast! We played lots of games with the other missionaries and with the families and my arms got fried! hahaha They are soooo red... Whoops! It was so much fun though! I was exhausted afterwards! Then the McCready's made me dinner for my birthday because they had been out of town. We had dinner on the patio because it was a beautiful day! They also got me an ice cream cake! They take such good care of us! If we didn't get fed one day she ALWAYS makes sure we have had a good decent meal.
     So, things are still pretty slow here, but I am excited to see how things will go this next week! I hope that things keep going well for all of you! I love hearing how things are going back at home! You guys are seriously the best and I don't know what I would do without you! So thanks for you examples and for everything you do for me! I hope that you have a great week!
I LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON AND BACK!!! WE GOT THIS!!!
Love, Sister Woodland
P.S. That is so crazy that everyone is spraining or breaking their ankles... Tell everyone to be careful!! haha I will definitely keep everyone in my prayers!
I LOVE YOUS!!!

Thank You SO much for the Birthday gifts, letters, and cards!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment