Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

September 29, 2014 (Partying in New York.)

hi hi hi,
     Sounds like it was a busy week for everyone! DAD'S BISHOP. AHHHHHHHH! hahahaha Man. That is so crazy! I am so excited for him! He is going to be amazing! He is going to rock it! (: Lots and lots of changes happenin! CRAZY. Can you believe it is almost October...? Time is just flyin by! It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL here. There are sooooo many trees here and they are starting to change colors. I love it. I just love the Fall sooo much! Definitely my favorite season! I am excited to be here while the seasons are changing! Something I have been learning since I have been in this area for the short time that I have been is people here are weirdly nice... I have gotten used to people yelling at us, swearing at us, slamming the door in our faces, but not in the New City Area. At first when we would knock on doors I would prepare myself to be rejected, but people just don't seem to do that here. It blows my mind. So I don't quite know how to act always. I feel like I am just speechless all of the time. Like just the other day we went to the gas station to fill up our car with gas... WHICH BY THE WAY I GET TO PUMP MY OWN GAS NOW!! I don't know if I ever told you or not, but in Jersey you are not allowed to pump your own gas. They have people that do it for you.... So I haven't pumped my own gas for 9 months! And I finally did just the other day.... and I kinda forgot how to do it... hahahaha


So that is me pumpin the gas! FINALLY. Who thought I would be so excited to pump gas.... (;

But after we were done the machine didn't print out a receipt and we need one so (a little frustrated) we went inside to ask the cashier if we could get a receipt. She was a Hispanic lady who all of a sudden got really excited to see us. She began telling us that her family met with missionaries just like us, but in her country and that they wanted to come back to church. She asked if we could write our number on receipt paper and the church's address. Both Sister Rigby and I really didn't say much... this lady contacted us and asked us for all the information. It was crazy! It is soooo cool to see how Heavenly Father works. He knew that we needed to go inside and talk with the cashier so her and her family can come back to church. And that is why we didn't get a printed receipt! Miracles. Then one day we were trying to find a Less Active, but the address we had for them didn't have an apartment number and it was at an apartment complex so we decided we should knock some doors and see if anyone knows them. We knocked quite a few doors and nobody knew the members we were looking for and we were about to go back to the car when we decided to try one last door. A lady answered and said that she didn't know anyone by that name, but that we could go to the office and they could look it up for us. So we went to the office and this younger lady helped us. The Less Actives don't live in that apartment complex anymore, but we were able to start talking with this lady. She was so nice and by the end of our conversation said that we could come over to her home and teach her more. If we wouldn't have knocked on those apartment doors and tried that one last door we would never have found this lady! Such a miracle. We were able to pick up this sweet Haitian lady this last week. She was a member referral and we invited her to be baptized in our first lesson with her and she said YES. We are so stinkin excited to teach her and her family! Haitian people are so stinkin awesome! I am going to have to learn some Creole or French though because there are a ton of people in this area from Haiti. For instance, we had received a referral for this lady and we went to try her and she didn't speak any English. Just Creole... So we couldn't really communicate with her. We are going to bring a member with us next time that can speak Creole or French so they can interpret for us! So it has definitely been a good week! I just wanted to tell yous a funny story that happened to us this last week. So in part of our area there is a HUGE Jewish population. We were going to take a short cut to a member’s house through this Jewish Apartment Complex on Friday night. Their Sabbath starts on Friday nights and goes until Saturday night. Anyway, so we turn to go in and there are a bunch of Jewish kids and teenagers standing by like a fence that they put up so no one can use that short cut on their Sabbath because they don't drive at all during their Sabbath... All the Jewish kids and teenagers started to shew us!!!!!! They literally yelled at us and told us to go away.... hahahaha It was a little terrifying! Sister Rigby was driving and I just put my head down and laughed sooooo hard. We got out of there as fast as we could. So for future reference, don't drive through a Jewish apartment complex during their Sabbath. 
     Well fam. I am so thankful for all of you and for your love, support, and examples to me! You help keep me going! I hope that you all have a great week this upcoming week and I hope you enjoy General Conference!!! I am sooooooo excited for it! (: Also, send me mail. My address is 249 N. Middletown Rd. Apt. 4A Nanuet, NY 10954. YOUS ARE THE BEST. Get Mal to send some of her Senior Pics pleaaaase. And while you are at it you can send some pics of everyone... I would love it! (: 
LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON AND BACK!! WE GOT THIS!!!
Love, Sister Woodland


Look how stinking beautiful it is here! 


The leaves are starting to change!!! AHHHH


No comments:

Post a Comment