Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

June 9, 2014 (I feel like I'm a Spanish Missionary!)

HEY FAM.
     So I don't have a lot of time this week.... Sorry!! We don't get a P-Day today because we are going to the Manhattan Temple tomorrow and it will take our entire day. So we are basically calling Tuesday our P-Day. But, I GET TO GO TO THE TEMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am soooooooooooo excited. I feel like I have been waiting for this day the entire time I have been on my mission... hahaha The missionaries used to get to walk through Time Square, but we aren't allowed to do that anymore! Some missionaries probably ruined it... Oh well! Next time! (: haha We will have time to get some "street meat" after the Temple... Doesn't that sound a little sketchy?! hahahaha I AM SO EXCITED TO TRY STREET MEAT. Really though. I hear it is SO good. Hopefully I won't get food poisoning! hahaha 
     Anywho, my week went pretty great! IT WENT BY SO FAST. We were so busy all of the time! I love when I am so busy that I don't have anytime to think about anything, but missionary work! It's the bestest. We haven't picked up any new investigators this week... Mostly because we cannot seem to find this guy that contacted the Elders... Weird. No worries though we will find him. Sometimes I feel like missionaries are a little bit stalkerish. Oh well. Gotta do what we gotta do. (: We had the opportunity to help out at a Latino Fair on Saturday and it was SO FUN! Our entire Zone helped out. One of the members from the spanish branch asked us if we could help out. His name is hermano cobos and his is so great! He is the reason we get to serve at the Food Bank every week! We got to paint faces! That is what some of the missionaries were in charge of! It was crazy! I got asked to paint SO many Ecuadorian Flags... Serioulsy though... like 30 or more! AND it is like the hardest Flag to paint on someone.... WAY to much detail! But I seemed to do it... hahaha I am starting to understand some spanish now too! I mean I am not good at all, but I can understand what people are saying for the most part! It is really cool! Who knew that I would actually start to learn a language on my mission! We helped out at this Fair for the entire day and we get free spanish food! I LOVE SPANISH FOOD. It is seriously my new weakness. And I am talking about the real spanish food. Not that fake American stuff! haha Anyway, It was a great week! Lots of fun and this week will be just as busy! We will go to the Temple tomorrow and then on Friday we will have our All Mission Conference where we get to go and play games and party with the whole mission! I AM SO EXCITED.
     I hope that all ya'll continue to have a great week! I am so grateful for each of you and for everything you guys do for me all the time! 

LOVE YOUS TO THE MOON AND BACK! WE GOT THIS!!

Love, Sister Woodland

No comments:

Post a Comment