Contact Information

E-mail: amy.woodland@myldsmail.net

February 18, 2014 (snooooooooooow...)

Heeeeey My Familia!
     We weren't able to email yesterday because of "President's Day"... I am so over these holidays on Mondays and being grounded because of the snow... It is really just throwing my groove off!! (; But I am alive and doing well!! I hope that everyone had a great week and an even better Valentine's Day!! HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD!!!!! I hope you went out and did something special because you have been married for so dang long now! (: I sent yous a letter yesterday so you should get it sometime this week! I am just the tinest bit upset that I haven't recieved a letter from my own family for a while, but then when I read you email it made more sense! So just disregard that last part in my letter when you get it.... hahaha (;
     So I have officially been out on my mission for exactly 2 Months today!!!!! Can you believe it!? I have also made it through my first transfer and I only have six more weeks of training and I am done!! Time is seriously going by like crazy now! I cannot even believe it. I am excited for it to be a new transfer and to start things off fresh! This is going to be such a great transfer! We have so much work to do in our area and I am so excited about it! This last week was a rough one. We had to drop an investigator because of some legal stuff. It is really hard to love and care about someone so much, yet you have to drop them! We have really been struggling with people keeping commitments! So we have made some new plans and decided what we are going to do to help all of these people understand why it is so important to keep God's commitments! We are teaching this sweet family, and I mean like the entire family! They just keep coming out of the wood work! I think it is so great! We are working with Tamara's "fiance" and he really wants to get baptized, but he has to make the decision to either marry Tamara or move out. It is definitely a struggle and we are really trying to work through it! Henry LOVES our branch president so we are having him talk to Henry about marriage! We are praying that things will work out! They haven been together for 18 years!! They really just need to get married already... I love this family soooo much! We had family home evening (or forced family fun) with them last night! Henry told us that we are like family to him and we are more than welcome to come over anytime! It made me feel so great! They are a black family and Henry raps to us about God every single time we go over! He is actually really good at it and says that his rap name is Hank Love! So you should look him up on youtube! (it might be kind of inappropriate so if it is I am sorry!) We always call him Hank Love when we see him!! hahahaha I just love the people we teach and everyone we come in contact with! It will be so hard when I get transferred because I won't want to leave these people! I love the "hood" or the "projects"!! I really just love being a missionary! It is extremely hard somedays, especially when it snows so much, but I love it! The snow has been absolutely RIDICULOUS. We have gotten soooo much snow! It wouldn't be so bad, but since so many people live so close to each other everyone parks on the side of the roads. So, when the snow plows come through they literally just burry these cars! People have to dig their cars out... Luckily our land lady is the best and lets us park in the driveway when it snows! Plus the people that live below us ALWAYS shovel and clean our car off for us before we ever even get outside! We seriously are sooo blessed! The guys name is Angel and his wife's name is Tiffany! This last Thursday it snowed a ton so we were inside for most of the day and Tiffany brought us some homemade carrot cake cupcakes! It is soooo sweet! Then when we went outside and had a great time contacting and tracting in the snow we came back home to have dinner and there was another knock at our door! It was Tiffany again and her and Angel had made homemade potato soup and cheese and chicken dumplings and they brought us some for dinner!!!!! I mean seriously. These people are incredible! I love them! God is definitely looking out for us! So it was a hard week, but a great week all rolled in one!! (:
     I wanted to share a scripture with yous real quick! It is in 3 Nephi 5:13 and it says, "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." This is exactly what I get to do EVERY SINGLE DAY. I feel beyond blessed for this incredible opportunity! I get to help bring my brothers and sisters unto Jesus Christ. It is such a humbling experience! I am so grateful that the Lord trusts me this much to help others have everlasting life! I love this gospel. It has truly changed my life. I love you all soooooo much! Thanks again for everything you do for me! You're the best! I LOVE YOU ALL TO THE MOON AND BACK!!!! WE GOT THIS!!! 16 MONTHS HAS NOTHIN' ON US!! (: Have a fantastic week and I will talk to you next Monday! (Hopefully... hahahaha)
 
Love, Sister Woodland

No comments:

Post a Comment